BreakAwayForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BreakAwayForum

Break away from mind confines and be Free to explore yourself and us all

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lightsun's daily sayings

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: LightSun's   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 12:37 pm

Good morning lavender. sunny
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: LightSun   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 2:29 pm

November 27
To make the world a better place, it starts with us. The change starts with us instead of pointing
fingers, being driven by stereotypes.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: LightSun's sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 7:42 pm

November 27
What is hate. Hate is being controlled by fear. One is not using judgment. One is possessed by a
a blind hatred of an illusion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 2:15 pm

never let the sun go down over your differences with each other. (dunno who said that)
Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 3 SunsetFromSpace2Web
sunset from space
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: LightSun sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 1:13 am

November 28
They say that we live in a world of illusions as well as delusions. I think it is a mixture. Half the
Real world is within. As well as half of the Real being external. To move along our path we must
learn to walk the middle path. The road called the Shining One & that is balance.. It is true we
live in a world of partial illusions. The answers lie within. Seek and ye shall understand. Look inward
for the truth and you shall find it. All of these are partial truths. There are real truths in the external
world as well.

We need the basic items to find basic comfort and security ad well as a modicum of happiness. But to
search the external world exclusively for happiness is a fool's dream. You will die searching because
you never discovered yourself. That is the inner world.

The path of self discovery and finding out what you truly wish for and that is to be complete. There are
many paths to achieve this. No one person can tell another how to live. That must come from inside.
Learn to trust yourself. Learn to heed that inner voice as long as it is founded on virtue and not lies and
self deception. How does one divine the truth? Do not hurt. Do not kill. Do not hurt another.
Back to top Go down
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 7:50 am

At the risk of invading your thread, Lightsun:

I Who am the beauty of the green earth and the white moon among the stars and the mysteries of the waters,
I call upon your soul to arise and come unto me.
For I am the soul of nature that gives life to the universe.
From Me all things proceed and unto Me they must return.
Let My worship be in the heart that rejoices, for behold, all acts of love and pleasure are My rituals.
Let there be beauty and strength, power and compassion, honor and humility, mirth and reverence within you.
And you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery:
For if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.
For behold, I have been with you from the beginning, and I am That which is attained at the end of desire.

from Charge of the Goddess (Doreen Valiente / Starhawk; emphasis mine)
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: LightSun   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 11:53 am

Please continue to share. As I recall telling lavender orchid on the greek gods and
goddesses, I asked her to by all means share world heritage sites. I like diversity.
So your sharing is appreciated and welcomed. In fact please share more.
Lightsun Peaceweaver
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: LightSun's sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 2:34 pm

LightSun wrote, "We are all part of a giant crystal or diamond. Call it the eye of
Odin, Odin's eye or God's eyes. We need to pool our resources and capabilities into
a cohesive whole. Getting rid of distortions, which we all have. None of us can see
the Truth. We can catch only glimmers of it. Out of the corner of our eye. Cutting
away at illogical untruth. Each of us are different with different capabilities, as well
as different attributes & a different life mission. It is all part of the whole. Perhaps
the most successful will be those they can see other people's world view and
synchronize. But one must know self first. At the very least a preliminary knowledge.
LightSun Peaceweaver sunny
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Lightsun   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 2:44 pm

When the mind is cleansed one is able to see more clearly and full. One is able to
connect to God which is the universe and be more fully a part of it. Interconnected
and able to connect to the forces of the universe. Heaven and Hell are right before
us & our eyes. It is up to us to learn to open our eyes and see and realize truths that
were right before us. We were just not ready to receive the knowledge of the
universe at that time. Cleanse your mind and see the glory of all of God's creation
called nature. LightSun Peaceweaver sunny flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 4:56 pm

measure 4 treasure
Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 3 Iza700161
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzCXjDuYQTA sunny flower
Back to top Go down
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 8:40 pm

lightsun wrote:
Each of us are different with different capabilities, as well
as different attributes & a different life mission. It is all part of the whole. Perhaps
the most successful will be those they can see other people's world view and
synchronize. But one must know self first. At the very least a preliminary knowledge.
LightSun Peaceweaver sunny
I agree, but how is this to be done? How do we know that our image of ourself is accurate and not illusory, or biased by pride, guilt, or wishful thinking?

My dreams aren't as empty as my conscience seems to be
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: LightSun's daily saying   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 12:39 am

Romana wrote, "...is this to be done? How do we know that our image of ourself is accurate and
not illusory, or biased by pride, guilt or wishful thinking?" Excellent question. We can never truly
know Romana. One of the things I like about you is that we both seem to want to better ourselves,
& know truth. It is a never ending journey. It seems we are born blind. Then we seek to establish
an identity. Part of growth is if in fact not to tear that ego apart, at least be open to change. Be open
minded. It is not always easy. We are creatures of habit. If we learned distortions as a child they are
hard to eradicate. Part of my growth is cognitive awareness of negative emotions.
I suppose to get more specific in line with your questions, I look at non-triggerability. If I see a
person talk or write with negative language and labels I know that (1) person is triggered
(almost possessed) by emotion & (2) that negative emotion contains distortions of thought.
There are elements of truth in a person who is triggered but they are camouflaged with lies,
self lies, rationalizations and denial. This to me is the truest element of finding one's being.
Using love and reason even when you are not met with these qualities. If triggered, (1) take
full responsibility for your illogical thoughts & speech and try not to (2) not to act "under the
influence" of irrationality, which is almost being under the influence of a drug.
So to be able & look into the mirror of truth and have a true reflection one must contain the
element of not being triggered. As long as we have this element of being triggered by negative
emotion, we will always have an element of untruth. All we can do is the best we can Romana.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 1:20 am

may i try another approach, which i have mentioned earlier already.

i would like to make the comparison with criticism of christianity/christendom first.
the good and bad distinctions sooner or later turn out to become dogmatic and illogical.

understanding that all humans must have been perfect in a divine order (whether ascribed to someone or something immensely intelligent or not) will provide joy, happiness and prosperity by grace and goodwill before an inquisitive intellect gets to - hopefully humble enough - expression of itself in infinite diversity. in my experience a "balance" between "head and heart" needs goodwill and faith as its basis, before certainty of knowledge can ever be attained.
enlightenment is for the head, initiation for the heart. and initiation remains a mystery and should as such be kept sacred. (not secret and getting lost in pretensions, imho)

as i said before, emotions are a necessity and thus perfectly justified. all discipline, therefore, is geared towards understanding. how else would you be able to make efficient use of wisdom and compassion?

there seems, to me, an element of indifference in buddhism (not in a buddha or bodhisattva, however) that defies the sense of purpose proclaimed by many disciples.

hence, there too, a permanent struggle with guilt feelings. turning away from any "evil" is very different from forgiving that comes from understanding - that's an ongoing exercise in synchronicity awareness becoming easier with time.

of course, if you have a living master or guru to trust, then you can read the scriptures (all of them) as an additional confirmation to the rightfulness of your personal experiences.

truth seems to us not to be objective. nevertheless, it is absolute, and its abundance is more blissfull than an ideal of reductionist pathways not differentiating clear enough between material/physical and mental/spiritual realms.

imho.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: LightSun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 2:59 am

Many thoughts lavender orchid. I will see to address them. (1) "...comparison with criticism of
Christianity/Christendom first...sooner or later turn out to become dogmatic and illogical."

My take on Christianity first is that it really is two religions. That of being an old testament of a
vengeful & jealous God and a new testament of a God (or universe) of love. I don't buy into the
supernatural. Everything has a logical explanation. I am not into a God judging and putting both
a devil & a lake of everlasting fire into our lives. (2) "...a "balance" between "head and heart"
needs goodwill and faith as its basis, before certainty of knowledge can ever be attained."

I suppose. This could be construed to have an open mind, and open spirit. There are some who,
to me blame others as well as all life for their problems. Then there are those who take responsibility
for their own actions, thoughts and feeling. I think this issue is semantics. Different people will
use different words on what exactly is important or for that matter what foundation is exactly
needed.

(3) "...initiation remains a mystery and should as such be kept sacred. (Not secret...)" I believe
in sharing all the teachings. I don't necessarily find them sacred but rather useful texts. (4) "...emotions
are a necessity and thus perfectly justified. All discipline, therefore, is geared towards understanding,
how else would you be able to make efficient use of wisdom and compassion?"

As far as emotions are
they justified? Yes. Are they right or a correct undistorted view of reality? No. They (not always) are a
sign of internal disorder & illogic. This is when we can grow. We can learn about ourselves. This is when
we can make correct choices versus one's founded on distorted emotions & the illogic associated with
them. I am with you as far as understanding. Seeking to understand ourselves, others & life & all the
wisdom's there are waiting for us to understand.

(5) "...it is absolute and is more blissful than...ideal of
reductionist pathways not differentiated clear enough between material/physical and mental/spiritual
realms." I was part of an organization who's motto was "truth is the highest religion." It is this quest for
truth which in part drives me on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 7:20 am

thanks for kind (and thorough) response, lightsun. Smile
our differences should make for interesting conversations for some time at least.

it is clear that we humans have freedom and a will to "make choices", and that within a harmonious universal order generous and benevolent enough for them as an adventure, a discovery and a prosperous planet of which we are the custodians.

however, and i feel a bit silly repeating it so often, re-ligio means an inalienable connection with the all there is. so the ultimate choice can only be acknowledging or denying this connection.

hence the "commandment", love ye one another as i have loved you.

since from ot times, an early commandment was carried over into the nt, not to judge, lest being judged oneself, or not to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and bad, that to me was wisdom pure, even if given to "primitive" folk whose living conditions may not be retrieved by the best of scientific methods.

personally, i have left the rcc because i could no longer find the spirit in congregations nor did it translate into everyday living; it is irksome to our lifestyles, but has built and shaped our culture to an extent leaving me with no other choice than facing the facts and find back to the point where things started to go awry.

belonging to no denomination anymore should not mean i don't belong anywhere. Smile

personally, i am in no battle with any fire-and-brimstone threat or hell damnation anymore. even rome has recently abolished limbo which my parents were overly concerned with all their lives.
in (western) europe's laicistic countries, the relationship between churches (much fewer denominations), as well as between governments and "faiths" (jewish, islamic) is amicable, except for the usual squabbles over the established rules each of them jealously guards as their turf and control of their flocks.

now for theologians and historians, a major task ahead must be why and where gender issues (woman the inferior part of man-kind, hence earth and "matter" eventually inferior to man's JUDGEMENT) arose.

sure, we always have the option of rationalizing "transcendence" instead of intensifying our communion with the all and recognize and enjoy it as the masterpiece of creation.

i see myself being very interested in all religions, although that makes me kind of an exot at home.
the chance to really study, is regulated by academic education standards also not very conducive to "balanced living" as other nations and cultures are fostering and propagating. so "bliss", or deep emotions and thoughts may go unnoticed and unshared.
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 10:06 am

Excuse my intrusion here, I know this is not my conversation but the Abrahamic religions are out of balance and out of touch with reality. They are totally masculine with no sacred feminine that IMHO makes them utterly false. No yin, all yang, how could something that is so out of balance possibly be true and real?
Back to top Go down
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 11:51 am

dearlg1 wrote:
Excuse my intrusion here, I know this is not my conversation but the Abrahamic religions are out of balance and out of touch with reality.
Now it is. Welcome.

Lightsun: are you saying that one's self-knowledge is fairly accurate if it is free from emotional triggers? I want to be sure I understand. This is something about which I have had great uncertainty.

Lavender Orchid: you write, "in my experience a "balance" between "head and heart" needs goodwill and faith as its basis". Faith in what, exactly? Or do you mean the simple ability to accept something without proof? Your thoughts on balance and emotion here make me a bit uncomfortable. I have seen similar language used to encourge a homogeneity in outlook that disregards individual differences, and results in one-size-fits-all approaches to life. I would think that the balancing point, and the role of emotion, will vary from person to person.

I agree with dearlg1 on Christianity, indeed all "religions of the book". Christianity is not worthless, but has no legitimate claim to exclusivity. Christians have chosen to focus on the elephant's trunk, which is all well and good as long as they do not pretend the rest of the elephant is just the same, not as good, or altogether nonexistent.

Earliest documented religions associated women with the divine, since women were seen to give birth to new life. This was evident even before the role of men in procreation was fully understoood. See Riane Eisler's The Chalice and the Blade for explanations of how the shift to a male perspective probably occurred. To me, it parallels a shift from focus on fertility (creating new life) to war (destroying life), but I am sure it is not this simplistic.

The absence of the feminine from the divine in Abrahamic religions is a significant and pervasive problem. Even the Bible argues against this, at least in Genesis. To paraphrase: "God created Man in his own image; male and female he created them." This suggests that both male and female are part of the image of God, with the term "Man" used in its broader interpretation to mean humanity.

To me, the two aspects of Christianity are (1) what Jesus really said and did; and (2) what the institutional churches later ascribed to him. The earliest writings purporting to reflect the words and works of Jesus include things like the "Sayings Gospel" that are not included in "The Bible". It amazes me how people who claim to follow Jesus so readily ignore such writings, satisfying themselves with what a group of politically minded church bureaucrats codified into the Bible in the 3rd or 4th century CE.

In a similar vein, the Old Testament seems to have little to do with Jesus, except for the fact that it was later claimed as part of Jesus' heritage by those trying to promote their own view of Jesus (and their own church establishment) over competing views. The legend of Jesus was thus embellished to portray him as the descendent of David and fulfillment of the OT messianic prophecies. To him was also ascribed the "God comes to earth and descends to the underworld to overcome death" scenario present in many pre-Christian myths. In many Christian demoninations, this part of the story has gained such prominence that Jesus' own ideas and example are lost in the noise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 11:58 am

at the moment, i think it's better to leave the subject alone.
and get out of being smartassed every step i fool am trying to take at all.

next time, before i tread on sacred toes on hermetic pathways, i make sure i have read this before:

http://openlearn.open.ac.uk/mod/resource/view.php?id=170569

thanks for your groundbreaking efforts: the question of who "we" really are answers itself in following the automatisms of "creation". as if anonymous would be more interesting than any you in the neighbourhood. What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 8:48 am

"this quest for truth..."

if truth is subjective, then it cannot be objective at the same time.
or?

if truth can be objective, too, then i might be the sum total of all subjective truths.
so, can this be only theorized and put in mathematical logics and physical experiments?

absolute truth? what if all "subjects" and objects in their infinitely possible combinations only "serve" to prevent each other from "knowing" it.

and if we were to know, why tell others "we" never know? like "only dead heroes are good heroes?

and why should emotions be excluded from holistic and wholesome experiences, whether any one experience's constitution or composition has the awareness realizing it more on the mental/spiritual or, as "commoner", more on the physical/material "levels"?

records/recordings of absolute truth can be expected to confirm the existence of a "creator" with whom any one human "soul" can be in resonance.
this resonance spectrum i41 would call true "brotherhood", and of course "sisters" must not be excluded.

as to fertility: on which level is me myself and i negotiating that, huh?

stop the "discrimination", teachers!
adjust your playmating games, students!
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 9:58 am

Truth is an abstraction open to interpretation confined to an by other abstractions of thoughts. So truth is not subjective its shadowy, at best.

Emotions take the truth to an even higher level of unreliable and uncertain abstract interpretations, making reality totally capricious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 10:14 am

so long as awareness and experiences "must be" challenged at all cost.
amounts to the place from which me myself and i evicts its zero sum nothingness.
\!!
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 1:20 pm

I don't challenge our existence just our reason for existing. Modern religions just do not make any spiritual sense to me, none of them. I believe we (humanity) have the proper tools to understand, but not the know-how. Most of humanity can't even appreciate this beautiful search. They just give-up and accept whatever is the easiest or the most convenient, then turn away and gets trapped in useless materialistic pursuits.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 2:33 pm

intuition, the spontaneous emergence of one's memories as a guide to self's purpose instead of its subordination under raw willpower claiming to be that of "god('s)".

concrete bridges or life rafts for translation? in pursuit of happiness, huh?

seems time is .... ?

tools and knowhow not confused or forcefully connected, but coordinated as destined, imho.
Back to top Go down
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 12:08 am

lavender orchid wrote:
if truth is subjective, then it cannot be objective at the same time.
or?

if truth can be objective, too, then i might be the sum total of all subjective truths.
so, can this be only theorized and put in mathematical logics and physical experiments?

and why should emotions be excluded from holistic and wholesome experiences, whether any one experience's constitution or composition has the awareness realizing it more on the mental/spiritual or, as "commoner", more on the physical/material "levels"?

as to fertility: on which level is me myself and i negotiating that, huh?!
Some truths are objective, some subjective. Each must be discerned and investigated using tools and methods appropriate to it. We can no more exclude emotion from our experiences than we can exclude ourselves. What we can do is learn to interpret and understand the ever-present emotions, and choose how we wish to make use of them in each situation. We can let them control us and our actions, or we can retain that control for ourselves. As for fertility, that comes on whatever level is appropriate to the person and the circumstances. Physical fertility is only one aspect of it. Each of us is both "mother" and "father" in our own way and time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 5:35 am

\!!
yes yes. thanks Romana.

the "must be" appropriation each one of (a non-existent) "US" from a challenged capability of discernment and investigation has made any "tools and methods" obsolete before their re-invention.

each of "us" being both mother and father in our own way and time ...

in your own right. you have that guaranteed freedom and the way you write shows where you stand (live and let die, imho).
be well. further communication with your kind is useless to "my" being and situation.

btw. amazing how the quote button doesn't function right now.

"by your freedom i won my worth". all i could "win" was my own demise by "love's" utterly destructive forces.
thanks a bunch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz34R1sTqkM&NR=1

i took ... ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bYDyeVckw4&feature=rec-fresh+div-r-4-HM

hooked on release!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lightsun's daily sayings
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next