BreakAwayForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BreakAwayForum

Break away from mind confines and be Free to explore yourself and us all

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lightsun's daily sayings

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 2:07 pm

hurts too much
knowing and trying
getting out of
kindergarten
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Native Wisdom   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 2:24 pm

I could take this a number of ways. I will focus on the word hurt. What is it you are hurt about
lavender orchid? I hope my friend is feeling well, at least that is my hope. flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 2:28 pm

lightsun wrote:
November 22
LightSun wrote, "Kindness is to do no harm unto others neither verbal or physical. Kindness is
not to seek and control another but to allow individual freedom."
lavender orchid wrote, "...out of fear...already?" Perhaps it started with fear. I was emotionally,
psychologically, and verbally abused. I understand the power of negative energy and its long
lasting effects on the individual. It should seem self evident to not harm others.

Otherwise there will be repercussions for both the abused and hopefully abuser.

suggestive insinuation. tell me i must get over it alone or get out. it's nomb. peace would then be, no victim, except self-inflicted. not even remorse or forgiveness necessary (christian approach).

It is wrong to hurt another, morally, ethically, reasonably as well as compassionately.
lavender orchid wrote, "Allow the appreciation of perception and feedback." I agree. If one crosses
the boundaries and infringes on another person's individual freedom one can take a number of
courses. Use "I feel" statements. I.E. You did X, I feel Y. Or one can use the thinker approach.
Pointing out the I inefficiency and harm of one's maladjusted speech or actions.
lavender orchid wrote, "...harping on virtue..." How else are we to grow into a more compassionate
and reasonable species?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 2:32 pm

lightsun wrote:
I could take this a number of ways. I will focus on the word hurt. What is it you are hurt about
lavender orchid? I hope my friend is feeling well, at least that is my hope. flower

"my" friend is who?

this is kind of a "kind" exchange, volunteered .... but with absolutely no strings ever to be attached, right?

"will" to suppress "will" directed back inwards, call that no name, certainly not annihilation.

"i feel": vitality - energy - spirit monkey
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: LightSun   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 3:01 pm

lavender there are many important angles of thought you have brought up. I will
attempt to address them. All quotes will be yours. "my" friend is who? There is no
possessive nature here. I like you. You make me smile. You have brought joy to
the forum. I feel an affinity with you, as such I am concerned when you are not
feeling well and care. I call you a friend because my soul resonates with you.
I call you friend in spirit because I resonate. It is not possessive, there are no
strings attached. I offer my hand in friendship. "This is a kind of a "kind" exchange,
volunteered...but with absolutely no strings ever to be attached, right?"
Yes it is kind and honest. I have an honest, pleasant warm spot with you. (1).
I will never make demands or put pressures upon you. Therefore no strings.
(2). This is a beginning of friendship. If we both wish to share and bond more, that
is a choice. Our friendship can develop and grow. It is a choice from both individuals.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: LightSun's sayings :   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 3:59 pm

November 23
Cure hate with love and reason.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: LightSun's sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 4:10 pm

November 23
We are all interrelated. If I hurt you, I hurt myself. Everything in the universe is
interconnected. What one part does affects another part. It is like the ripples in
the pond effect. Let us have compassion for others, and thus ourselves. If we help
others we add to the greater good. Such is justice & karma. I will help others, thus
helping myself and thus helping the universe. There will always be good and bad,
which side do I choose? Work for the betterment of self, thus others. It is a domino
effect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 4:17 pm

lightsun wrote:
lavender there are many important angles of thought you have brought up. I will
attempt to address them. All quotes will be yours. "my" friend is who? There is no
possessive nature here.
the (hopefully!?!) "human" part of whatever "me" or "i" "knows" this. this much.
the animal part retorts to its immutable basics.
"manipulated" \!! "organized", by human "kindness" or by an alien power?

I like you. You make me smile. You have brought joy to the forum. I feel an affinity with you, as such I am concerned when you are not feeling well and care. I call you a friend because my soul resonates with you.

yet the medium supposed to ensure a translated clarity of this resonance, seems to demand abstractions which in their uncotrollability appear even more controlling - a grouse i have, if not to say it's a grudge. sorry, if this IS a problem i will not accept "responsibility" for.

I call you friend in spirit because I resonate.

feeling on the animal level, expressing in "human" language, adequate or not.
adequate relates to culture, and all the particulars usually taken for granted or falling under the table. or both at the same time.
feelings go to the animal part, emotions struggle with the mental sublimation.

It is not possessive, there are no strings attached.

the "humanized" ("civilized"???) mind rationalizes that now. (polite imho).

I offer my hand in friendship. some entity saying "i" offers its hand in friendship. aha.

"This is a kind of a "kind" exchange, volunteered...but with absolutely no strings ever to be attached, right?"

Yes it is kind and honest. I have an honest, pleasant warm spot with you. (1).
I will never make demands or put pressures upon you.

this is naturally very kind and 100% ensured by the ocean between us. furthermore, spirit was anything that the ancients could not perceive with their physical senses.
they sort of paralleled them to the nature spirits familiar to them.

to the modern definition of spirit: it resonates in such exotic regions as non-bothersome to the point of non-availability, and more absence than presence. what do words mean, especially when memories are muddled already?

rely on promises from the unknown, when the known environment is not transmitting such and even the best sublimating mind needs to rationalize it's all an illusion?

(it's alright, i trust your friendship due to resonances, but spirits refusing to be known as persons, may be "honestly" thinking their honesty is all their environment must "expect" from them at any given moment.
thus, my kind spirit is nothing but a mirror.
and mirrors, unlike photographs, do not reflect the truth, the whole ...... blahblah.)

Therefore no strings.

according to todays theortical physics, this should be a non-sequitur. or a unilateral decision, better termed an incision. imho.

(2). This is a beginning of friendship. If we both wish to share and bond more, that
is a choice. Our friendship can develop and grow. It is a choice from both individuals.
Smile

on this i agree, wholeheartedly. (Smile although the return to "normal" from the raw animal experience does needs extra treatment, which is a permanent effort, not only "with" you).
preliminaries usually are all pressed together in "short moments".
what can develop and grow for now, however, is trust only, and with my understanding of an interesting exchange that outlasts doubt and suspicion. (this animal is domesticated! Smile)

re: not only domino effect, but ping-pong most often.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: LightSun   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 7:10 pm

Hello lavender, can you please elaborate? These are your quotes. I wish to understand this animal
part & emotion part. "...the animal part reports to its immutable basics." and "Feeling on the animal
level, expressing in "human" language..." and "Feelings go to the animal part, emotions struggle
with..." Can you explain primitive emotions? What is wrong with pleasant, and positive emotions?
Are they wrong? Is it wrong to have a friend? Or is it delusional?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 8:47 pm

hello lightsun,
i'm afraid this isn't going to work long distance.
telepathy, however, i strongly believe, IS POSSIBLE.

you have to work the communications spectrum from both ends (and develop a sensorium that is confirmatory and reliable, and this certainly involves more than sentient being could bear to share in public, or in general, or in abstracts alone.

synchronicity, however sober, honest and impeccable, would have to split off into and endless stream of linearities with awareness far exceeding our expressive means. so why reduce them further, lest this is a multitasking interdisciplinary study project needing unsuspecting participants.

see what seeps into a perfectly normal empiric situation?

see to what shallowness our normal friendships have been "reduced"?

friendship is kinship: and the clues we usually signal to each other are by far exceeded by our (suppressed) interests - imho.

unless i am such a nerd as not to know enough. otherwise, the subject matter is usually of mutual interest but never involving our real selves. that's the difference between animals and humans: the former adapt to a natural environment influenced by us who have the awareness to recognize our direct and indirect influences.[i]

enter the latin proverb: si tacuisses .... now, and see fear spreading like wildfire.

am i a heroine Cool or plain stupid now?

p.s. here is just a little drawing summing up a few "unrelated" momentary associations: the nightsky here is exceptionally beautiful and clear, while a formidable storm is howling...

Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 2 Glossary
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: LightSun   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 1:47 pm

November 24
Heaven & Hell are right before our eyes. The question is which do we focus on.
If we live focused primarily on all that is wrong with the world ; what is wrong
with other people, problems, complaints we are only fooling ourselves. Their are
problems in the real world which have to be dealt with realistically. But this is not
the sum of life. But if we see friendship, loyalty, love we have a greater sense of
self, and with it the courage and knowledge that we can overcome any problem.
When we fool our self with all that is wrong approach, we believe our selves. We
can become in effect a cancer to the human spirit because we are so wounded
from perhaps a seemingly uncaring life. The danger is staying caught in this
unawareness of a greater life possible. We will seek to poison others & life because
of the bitterness, pain and suffering that is within us. It's not life that sucks. It
is our concept of self which we project unto the world. This is Hell on earth. If
were nurtured as children in a loving environment, it is possible to see all the
beauty in the world. The problem is if you are caught in between. Either continue
to complain through possibly faulty perceptions which color your awareness of
the world, or get on a healing journey of love mixed with reason.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: LightSun   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 1:52 pm

November 24
They say love is the answer. I believe that love needs to be mixed with reason to produce the
compassion tempered by wisdom approach.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 2:56 pm

lightsun wrote:
November 24
They say love is the answer. I believe that love needs to be mixed with reason to produce the
compassion tempered by wisdom approach.

darn right. then a character finally shows! flower

the mix(ing), however can be tedious and tiresome in the conceptual approach of mass "management", "engineering", and "control" neither individuals nor communities seem to be prepared to LIVE.

without claiming a "right" to hold you to task to these words you are educating us with, my whatever perceptions and expressions may not exactly be termed love or reason or any virtue at all.

a deeply ingrained cultural pessimism vs. ancient teachings impressing a naive and cynical generation, that's my question right now.
i'm flexible, but that with deep conviction.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: LightSun   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 2:39 am

November 24
You have given me a lot to think over. Many are abstractions. Such could I say about key words
and concepts of love, duty, responsibility, reason & logic. We could all term these terms to be
different. I will get back to you. I do not know what words to say. I believe in positive & negative
energy. I believe in a necessary balance of good and evil. I believe in choice mixed with behaviorism.
That is if we did something it is almost like we could not help ourselves.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: LightSun   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 2:50 am

November 24
I am getting a perhaps misinformed impression that you think I try to control you with words
spoken with...sincere overtures of compassion and respect. I respect you. Your individuality even
though we are connected to a whole that is far greater than us. In this sense I believe we are
joined, perhaps erroneously. I will endeavor to read yet again your responses.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 6:42 am

lightsun wrote:
November 24
I am getting a perhaps misinformed impression that you think I try to control you with words
spoken with...sincere overtures of compassion and respect. I respect you. Your individuality even
though we are connected to a whole that is far greater than us. In this sense I believe we are
joined, perhaps erroneously. I will endeavor to read yet again your responses.

dear friend:

i do not assume nor wish you to get any "misinformed impressions...."

i join this and other forums as a person already formed an in existence. i am willing to share ideas and volunteer with contributions i believe would be "beneficial" ...

and what do i get? the notion i have to take what comes, not question that, and certainly not make any question look like criticism.

that makes me - sooner or later - think my friend is my friend only when i adhere to his standards and that of a culture i cannot get to know other than some historical facts in exchange for the total freedom of being reduced to an isolated "self".

therapy at its best. education at its best. where has the crisis gone? (where did it come from?)
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: LightSun   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 1:35 pm

November 24
lavender orchid
I apologize
You are a dear friend
I guess I was a little hurt
I sent you both an email + a pm
I hope you sincerely accept my apology for misunderstandings, perhaps on my part
I will try and listen more
I will seek to learn from you
I open my ears to what you have to say
I open my heart
My spirit is receptive to your words
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: LightSun's   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 1:36 pm

November 25
Another person's opinion is either correct or incorrect. Why worry about it then? Why allow our
ego's to project either conscious or unconscious distortions of thought on the original message?
I am thinking of myself. I am humbled at not knowing so much.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: LightSun   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 1:46 pm

November 26
If something does not make sense on the surface, there is an unconscious reason. This makes sense.
We are a rational-irrational species. We have the gift of logic, and reason. But too many times
are reasoning is circumvented by our emotions & feelings. Yet we need feelings to connect to
others & have interpersonal relationships. It is finding the mixture and balance between the
two.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: LightSun   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 1:52 pm

November 26
Do we own our possessions or do they own us? This is especially pertinent as the gift season approaches us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 6:41 pm

lightsun wrote:
November 25
Another person's opinion is either correct or incorrect. Why worry about it then? Why allow our
ego's to project either conscious or unconscious distortions of thought on the original message?
I am thinking of myself. I am humbled at not knowing so much.

an opinion is an opinion, and as such in-formation.
on the way to either do good or harm to the whole.
Back to top Go down
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 9:07 pm

lightsun wrote:
November 26
If something does not make sense on the surface, there is an unconscious reason. This makes sense.
We are a rational-irrational species. We have the gift of logic, and reason. But too many times
are reasoning is circumvented by our emotions & feelings. Yet we need feelings to connect to
others & have interpersonal relationships. It is finding the mixture and balance between the
two.
When something does not make sense, the reason is not always unconscious. Sometimes it is quite conscious, as when we realize that we do not have the background information to understand the sense of it.

Do we really need feelings to connect to others? Can we not relate to people on other "wavelengths", as it were?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 11:16 pm

Romana wrote:
lightsun wrote:
November 26
two.
When something does not make sense, the reason is not always unconscious. Sometimes it is quite conscious, as when we realize that we do not have the background information to understand the sense of it.

Do we really need feelings to connect to others? Can we not relate to people on other "wavelengths", as it were?

well said. as it were.

may YOUR thanksgiving day radiate the whatever to whomever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3aTPyPUhEE

i41 do not pretend that mismatching wavelengths leave me indifferent.
Back to top Go down
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 11:42 am

lavender orchid wrote:
well said. as it were.

may YOUR thanksgiving day radiate the whatever to whomever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3aTPyPUhEE

i41 do not pretend that mismatching wavelengths leave me indifferent.
Thank you, and best wishes for your Thanksgiving as well. These videos you link are lovely - very restful - brief, meditative islands in the busy day.

Communicating with someone out-of-band can be very taxing, but also very enlightening and worth the effort.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 9:28 am

Cool
Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 2 Bosco
http://www.artekjara.it/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lightsun's daily sayings
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next