BreakAwayForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BreakAwayForum

Break away from mind confines and be Free to explore yourself and us all

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Lightsun   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 3:27 pm

"History becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe"
Herbert George Wells (1866-1946)
The Outline of History, Volume 2, 1920
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Lightsun   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 3:34 pm

"You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end, each of
us must work for our own improvement and, at the same time, share a general responsibility
for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful."
Marie Curie (1867-1934)
Quoted in Philosophy and Organization, John Sommers-Flanagan, 2002
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 3:40 pm

lightsun wrote:
"What is this life if, full of care, We have no time to stand and stare?"
W.H. Davies (1871-1940)
'Leisure', Songs of Joy, 1911

1 4 staring, first.. (i'll find one for joy, still)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HaoTyRb2fM&annotation_id=annotation_654485&feature=iv Smile
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: LightSun   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 3:43 pm

"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain-and most fools do"
Dale Carnegie (1888-1955)
How to Win Friends and Influence People, 1937
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Lightsun   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 3:50 pm

Hello lavender orchid. It is 12:54 pm here. What time is where you are at. Also
where do you live? You can answer by pm or email. If you don't wish that is fine
& okay. I consider you a friend and would like to know more about you. But I
respect boundaries. sunny : flower
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Lightsun   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 3:57 pm

"In the souls of the people the grapes of wrath are filling and growing heavy, growing heavy for
the vintage"
John Ernst Steinbeck (1902-1968)
The Grapes of Wrath, 1939
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: LightSun   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 5:43 pm

"In the future days, which we seek to make secure, we look forward
to a world founded upon four essential freedoms"
Franklin Delano Roosevelt (1882_1945)
'The Four Freedoms' speech to congress, 6 January 1941

Mr. President, Mr Speaker, members of the 77th Congress :
I address you, the members of this new Congress, at a moment unprecedented
in the history of the union. I use the word unprecedented because at no previous
time has American security been as seriously threatened from without as it is today...
In the future days, which we seek to make secure, we look forward to a world
founded upon four essential human freedoms.
The first is freedom of speech and expression-everywhere in the world.
The second is freedom of every person to worship God in his own way-everywhere
in the world.
The third is freedom from want, which, translated into worldly terms, means
economic understandings which will secure to every nation a health peacetime
life for its inhabitants-everywhere in the world.
The fourth is freedom from fear, which, translated into worldly terms, means a
worldwide reduction of armaments to such a point and in such a thorough fashion
that no nation will be in a position to commit an act of physical
aggression against any neighbor-anywhere in the world.
That is no vision of a distant millennium. It is a definite basis for a kind of world
attainable in our own time and generation. That kind of world is the very antithesis
of the so called new order of tyranny which the dictators seek to create with the
crash of a bomb."
Franklin Delano Roosevelt
'The Four Freedoms' speech to Congree, 6 January 1941
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Wisdom   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 1:54 am

"To see ourselves as others see us is a most salutary gift. Hardly less important is the capacity to
see others as they see themselves."
Aldous Huxley (1894-1963)
The Doors of Perception, 1954
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: quotes   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 1:59 am

"The world is full of people whose notion of a satisfactory future is, in fact, a return to an idealized
past"
William Robertson Davies (1913-1995)
A Voice from the Attic, 1960
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: quotes   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 2:07 am

"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a
profound truth may well be another profound truth.
Niels Bohr (1885-1962)
Quoted by his son Hans Bohr in 'My Father', published in Neils Bohr : His Life and
Work (1967)
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: quotes   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 2:13 am

"The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover
new ways of thinking about them"
Sir Lawrence Bragg (1890-1971)
Speech made at the inaugural Nobel Guest Lecture in 1965, 50 years after receiving
his Nobel Prize
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: quotes   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 2:19 am

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
Walt Disney (1901-1966)
Walt Disney, quoted in Pat Williams How to Be Like Walt : Capturing the Magic Every Day
of Your Life
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: quotes   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 2:23 am

"The poor people are very great people. They can teach us so many beautiful things"
Mother Teresa of Calcutta (1910-1997)
Nobel Lecture, 11 December 1979
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: quotes   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 2:29 am

"My life is the cause for democracy and I am linked to everybody else in they cause. I cannot just
think of me."
Daw Aung San Suu Kyi (1945-)
Words reported by Glenys Kinnock, New Statesman, 14 August 2006
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 7:11 am

lightsun wrote:
"To see ourselves as others see us is a most salutary gift. Hardly less important is the capacity to
see others as they see themselves."
Aldous Huxley (1894-1963)
The Doors of Perception, 1954
LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 4 Blackred
north-west indian art: raven and bear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTmvrHoyMZ8&feature=related
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: conventional   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 12:57 pm

From the unreal lead me to the Real!
From darkness lead me to the light!
From death lead me to immortality!
Om.
Hinduism
Brihadaranyaka Upanishad 1.3.28

LightSun wrote :
In my old site I asked for freedom from distortions, illusions, & distractions
so that I could see the light and wisdom and justice & peace.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: conventional   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 1:10 pm

Confucius said..."In the world there are many different roads but the destination is the same.
There are a hundred deliberations but the result is one."
Confucianism. I Ching
Appended Remarks 2.5

LightSun wrote :
I like it in hinduism there is a saying that there are many roads to the top of the mountain.
We are all different. We need different approaches to reaching ourselves and our true potential.
What is right for one is definitely not right for another person. We must each make our individual
Journeys.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: conventional   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 1:58 pm

"There can be no doubt that whatever the peoples of the world, of whatever race or religion, they
derive their inspiration from one heavenly Source, and are the subjects of one God. The difference
between the ordinances under which they abide should be attributed to the varying requirements
and exigencies of the age in which they were revealed. All of them, except for a few which are the
outcome of human perversity, were ordained of God, and are a reflection of His Will and Purpose."
Baha'I Faith
Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah 111

We are all interrelated. None of us can see the Truth. We can catch only glimmers of it, a sidewise
reflection of an intangible truth. In the bible Moses spoke directly to God and it turned his hair
white. None of us can see the face of God or Truth. To do so would reveal all of our distortions.
We could not live with the Truth and the and incongruent and the inconsistencies of our own
perceptions. We have been taught many myths which we believe. There were behaviors that we
witnessed as children that were illogical. Overcompensations. All to avoid what is hidden within
us. We must reveal that hidden universe within and become more transparent. Revealing Truths
within us versus hiding behind behaviors that are incongruent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 2:05 pm

amen. amen.
we have been musting and besting each other like that for the longest while.
just don't really LET it happen. least of all to others with their silly needs and wants.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: conventional   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 4:25 pm

"And Peter opened his mouth and said, "Truly I perceive that God shows no partiality, but in every
nation any one who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him."
Christianity
Acts 10.34-35

This goes against "I am the way" that Jesus spoke. I believe is that Christ or Jesus is synonymous
with Truth. There are many truths. None can perceive all. If one follows a chosen path that teaches
love, compassion, kindness, mercy and reason, logic, rational and follows this path consistently
as possible, then I believe one enters the kingdom of heaven. There is no one path. We are individuals.
Seek inside for the truth and follow your truths as long as you hurt nobody nor yourself.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: conventional   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 4:35 pm

"Those who praise their own doctrines and disparage the doctrines of others do not
solve any problem."
Jainism
Sutrakritanga 1.1.50

We are all different people. We see reality differently. All are blind to a degree
because none can see the whole picture. Take what. works for you and leave the
rest. Perhaps you can not see it, and you are wrong. Be humble. Open minded
and learn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 5:35 pm

lightsun wrote:
"And Peter opened his mouth and said, "Truly I perceive that God shows no partiality, but in every
nation any one who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him."
Christianity
Acts 10.34-35

This goes against "I am the way" that Jesus spoke. I believe is that Christ or Jesus is synonymous
with Truth. There are many truths. None can perceive all. If one follows a chosen path that teaches
love, compassion, kindness, mercy and reason, logic, rational and follows this path consistently
as possible, then I believe one enters the kingdom of heaven. There is no one path. We are individuals.
Seek inside for the truth and follow your truths as long as you hurt nobody nor yourself.

it goes against "fear not!", and doing is not only physical action, nor is such to be restricted or commanded by deputies and "following".
and "right action" is not to be made exclusive, to the detriment of those asking for self to be honest instead of deceptive.
Back to top Go down
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

PostSubject: Re: LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 7:29 pm

lightsun wrote:
"And Peter opened his mouth and said, "Truly I perceive that God shows no partiality, but in every nation any one who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him."
Christianity
Acts 10.34-35.
The problem always lies in interpretation: who/what is God? What does it mean to "fear him", and what is right?
God may show no partiality, but Man surely does.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 7:44 pm

Romana wrote:
lightsun wrote:
"And Peter opened his mouth and said, "Truly I perceive that God shows no partiality, but in every nation any one who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him."
Christianity
Acts 10.34-35.
The problem always lies in interpretation: who/what is God? What does it mean to "fear him", and what is right?
God may show no partiality, but Man surely does.

and should have done so for the longest while now. imho.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: conventional   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 12:06 am

I have never liked the words of fire & brimstone, or fear etc. I think it is superstitious. Very
interesting questions.

lavender orchid wrote, "...that God shows no partiality..." All have or
should have and eventually will have equal rights. God or the universe does not get involved
in our affairs. Therefore you have impartiality. It is up to us to make the changes necessary in
our lives, based on our choices.

lavender orchid wrote, "...anyone who fears him..." I translate
this as anyone who has a conscience and is connected to the universe. Anyone who does right,
to the best of their abilities.

Romana wrote, "...who/what is God?"That is open to interpretation.
I believe we are all interconnected. That we can tap into this universal force or "God."
We are energy and chemical beings. God or the universe works according to intent and desire.
We reap what we sow. We use positive energy and are one with "God" & the universe. We use
negative energy and we work against the universe and ourselves.

Romana wrote, "What does it
mean to "fear him..." I answered this in reply to lavender. Romana wrote, "...and what is right?"
Again very open with many interpretations. I use the non-negative energy philosophy and that
is my path of right/wrong. To not act out with negative emotions and cause harm to others.
To take responsibility for one's actions.

This was is a very subjective exercise
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next