BreakAwayForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BreakAwayForum

Break away from mind confines and be Free to explore yourself and us all

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 12:35 am

nothing wrong with subjectiveness.

lightsun, we are friends by now, which guarantees you from my side the probing into everything you write until it resonates with the benevolence and blessing a friendship should "cover".

this does not mean, the relationship is hanky dory. i hope you forgive me seeing you still as quite dogmatic.
(and myself increasingly driven by impatience that i thought i had a grip on).

a culture need not be preserved by over-identifying with folklore, but by a devotional interest in its traditions. such comes with specific necessities of teamwork. now, where is that?

well, such is today shared. conditions seeming kind of unilaterally chosen elsewhere.
even universal and eternal wisdom remains dynamic (panta rei).

Smile

p.s. there exists a world church council in geneva, switzerland. yet the roman catholic church refuses to be part of it.

i find myself thinking about a dialog between jesus and buddha, since pope rejects dalai lama for obvious political reasons.

Last edited by lavender orchid on Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: conventional   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 12:41 am

"Truth has many aspects. Infinite truth has infinite expressions. Though the sages
speak in divers ways, they express one and the same Truth.
Ignorant is he who says, "What I say and know is true ; others are wrong." It is
because of this attitude of the ignorant that there have been doubts and
misunderstandings about God.
This attitude it is that causes dispute among men. But all doubts vanish when one gains self-
control and attains tranquility by realizing the heart of Truth. Thereupon dispute, too, is at an
end."
Hinduism
Srimad Bhagavatam 11.15

When one reaches inner peace and a sort of mini-enlightenment then they see
the truth of not trying to control others. Unless they are a danger to themselves
or others. We each have an individual path. For one to say to another "Only I have
the answer" and seek to control another to their line of reasoning is in error.
When one attains a higher Truth, one transcends pettiness and the ego. They
transcend the written word because the higher words are written in their hearts.
All scripture is a stepping stone to realize the truth that is already in you. One
needs learn to listen to that inner voice which is the voice of the universe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 12:55 am

lightsun wrote:
"Truth has many aspects. Infinite truth has infinite expressions. Though the sages
speak in divers ways, they express one and the same Truth.
Ignorant is he who says, "What I say and know is true ; others are wrong." It is
because of this attitude of the ignorant that there have been doubts and
misunderstandings about God.
This attitude it is that causes dispute among men. But all doubts vanish when one gains self-
control and attains tranquility by realizing the heart of Truth. Thereupon dispute, too, is at an
end."
Hinduism
Srimad Bhagavatam 11.15

When one reaches inner peace and a sort of mini-enlightenment then they see
the truth of not trying to control others. Unless they are a danger to themselves
or others. We each have an individual path. For one to say to another "Only I have
the answer" and seek to control another to their line of reasoning is in error.
When one attains a higher Truth, one transcends pettiness and the ego. They
transcend the written word because the higher words are written in their hearts.
All scripture is a stepping stone to realize the truth that is already in you. One
needs learn to listen to that inner voice which is the voice of the universe.

these doubtlessly serene and sincere accomplishments of mini and maxi enlightenments contained in ancient records and passed on in personal relationships while living in stable conditions and directly experienced communities are very different from global networks with infinitely more trauma and distrust already stored in individual memories. are you considering that?
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: conventional   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 12:57 am

Dear lavender orchid.
I do indeed consider you a friend. Thank you for your honesty. You may be right that I use
dogmas and quotes as stepping stones to higher knowledge. I believe each person has an
individual path. No one can truly walk another's path for them. I believe we are all interrelated.
I believe in positive and negative energy and also Mother Earth. I believe in respect for all
life. I believe that their is an inner spirit or consciousness connected to the universe with
most of the wisdom we need to walk our path. We need to learn to listen to that inner voice.
This is the core of my beliefs. They will transcend all the quotes which I have and will write
down.
Again friend help me on my path. I will listen to what you have to say. If it resonates with my
heart I will listen and change & hopefully grow. Thank you friend sunny sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: conventional   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 1:28 am

These are lavender orchid quotes. "Are you considering that?" I believe I am, but
there is always room for growth & new awareness. Part of the journey is to listen
to your wisdom, dearlg1, Romana and all others associated with this site, as well
as the input from the other sites I am on. Who know what new insights I will develop,
along with new expanded awareness in 1,5,10 years from now.

"..in personal
relationships while living in stable conditions and directly experienced communities..."
I agree with you. Family living in this day & age is not entirely conducive to
producing healthy and happy children who grow into adults. This is not always the
case. Their are stable families. I believe in education and family living.

"...global networks with infinitely more trauma.." I believe there has always been
trauma and death & misery. We have not yet learned to be more humane. And
we really should go back to nature, appreciate it & even worship nature. Realizing
the specialness & uniqueness of all life.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: conventional   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 3:31 am

"All the doctrines are right in their own respective spheres-but if they encroach upon the province
of other doctrines and try to refute their views, they are wrong. A man who holds the view of the
cumulative character of truth never says that a particular view is right or that a particular view
is wrong.
Jainism
Siddasena, Sanmatitarka 1.28

We are all part of a giant crystal or diamond. Call it the eye of God. We need to pool all our resources
and capabilities into a cohesive whole. Getting rid of distortions. Cutting away at illogical untruth.
Each of us are different with different capabilities.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: conventional   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 4:18 am

"Eyes can not see him, nor words reveal him ; by the senses, austerity, or works
he is not known. When the mind is cleansed by the grace of wisdom, he is seen by
contemplation-the one without parts."
Hinduism
Mundaka Upanishad 3.1.8

When the mind is cleansed one is able to see reality more clearly and fully. One is
able to connect to God which is the universe and be more fully a part of it. Heaven
and hell are right before us & our eyes. Cleanse your mind and see the glory of
God and all of God's creation called nature.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: conventional   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 4:47 am

"Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same spirit ; and there are varieties of service, but it is
the same Lord ; and there are varieties of working, but it is the same God who inspires them all
in every one. To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.
Christianity
1 Corinthians 12.4-7

LightSun :
We are all interrelated working for both ourselves in the sense of self actualizing our gift. Then
sharing that gift for humanity. This is also where positive & not so positive energy comes into
play. If one is positive I.E having both reason and love, then one is part of the whole, part of
God, and part of the universe. If one is not positive then one is as a sick cell in the body. One
hurts others, one hurts self. This can not easily be seen because none of us can see the whole.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: wisdom   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 5:27 am

"Divinity is that which was there before the appearance of heaven and earth, and
which gives form to them, that which surpasses the yin and yang, yet has the quality
of them. This Divinity I thus the absolute existence, governing the entire universe of
heaven and earth, yet at the same time, it dwells within all things, where it is called
spirit ; omnipresent within human beings, it is called mind.

In other words, human mind communes with the divinity which is ruler of heaven and
earth ; mind and divinity are one and the same. Divinity is the root origin of heaven
and earth, the spiritual nature of all things, and the source of human destiny. Itself
without form, it is divinity which nurtures things with form.
Shinto
Kanetomo Yoshida, An Outline of Shinto

Again everything in the universe is interconnected. It is our mind that can connect with
those universal energies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 12:32 pm

lightsun wrote:
"Divinity is that which was there before the appearance of heaven and earth, and
which gives form to them, that which surpasses the yin and yang, yet has the quality
of them. This Divinity I thus the absolute existence, governing the entire universe of
heaven and earth, yet at the same time, it dwells within all things, where it is called
spirit ; omnipresent within human beings, it is called mind.

In other words, human mind communes with the divinity which is ruler of heaven and
earth ; mind and divinity are one and the same. Divinity is the root origin of heaven
and earth, the spiritual nature of all things, and the source of human destiny. Itself
without form, it is divinity which nurtures things with form.
Shinto
Kanetomo Yoshida, An Outline of Shinto

Again everything in the universe is interconnected. It is our mind that can connect with
those universal energies.

very good.
surpassing and communing seem to have given way to transforming and transcending both perception and knowledge before they could be passed on to others and exchanged in their expansive vastness.
benevolence obviously was sacrificed to a sort of time-space reversal.
boredom (?) seems to have got the better of perception inasmuch as activism became the dominant mode of being.

tell me, if i got anything wrong here.
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Open-Star-Clusters-Are-Extremely-Short-Lived-44943.shtml
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: LightSun's sayings   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 4:43 pm

For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways, says the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Judaism/Christianity. Isaiah 55.8-9

Such is the way of those further along on the path than others. It is frustrating.
but such shows that one needs to be further along the path.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: quotes   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 4:25 am

My material world is eightfold,
divided into earth, water,
fire, ether, mind, the faculty of meditation,
and self-awareness.
This is the lower nature. My higher
nature is different.
It is the very life
that sustains the world.
Do not forget that this is the source
of all existence.
I am the genesis and the end
of the entire world.
There is nothing higher than I am,
O Conqueror of Wealth!
The world is strung on me
like pearls on a string.
Hinduism. Bhagavad Gita 7.4-7
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: quotes   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 4:29 am

(God) is not far from each one of us, for "In him we live and move
and have our being."
Christianity. Acts 17.27-28
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Quotes   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 6:31 pm

"When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live in peace with others..."

Those who are miserable with their own selves make terrible company.
LightSun
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: quotes   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 6:34 pm

"Life throws so much at us but we have to keep moving forward, live it to the fullest and remember that whatever happens, it only makes you stronger."
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: quotes   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 6:38 pm

"Nothing contributes so much to tranquilize the mind as a steady purpose-a point on which the soul may fix its intellectual eye." Mary Shelley
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 6:39 pm

lightsun wrote:
"When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live in peace with others..."

Those who are miserable with their own selves make terrible company.
LightSun

LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 5 Dindes-11

LightSun anywhere? I love you
yeah.. \!!
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: quotes   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 6:48 pm

"What we have done for ourselves alone died with us ; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pike

If we would wish to be immortal, them we must do something worthy of immortality.
LightSun
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 6:55 pm

here's to albert:
LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 5 Pikes-peak-colorado-col212

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi8FdVLAEAo&feature=grec

\!!

Last edited by lavender orchid on Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: quote   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 6:59 pm

"They tell us that suicide is the greatest piece of cowardice...that suicide is wrong : when it is quite obvious that there is nothing in the world to which every man has a more unassailable title than to his own life and person." Arthur Schopenhauer

I believe everyone has a right to decide, to determine the fate of their own life. Provided they are of right as well of sound mind and judgment. I am referring to assisted suicide.
LightSun
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 7:04 pm

lightsun wrote:
"They tell us that suicide is the greatest piece of cowardice...that suicide is wrong : when it is quite obvious that there is nothing in the world to which every man has a more unassailable title than to his own life and person." Arthur Schopenhauer

I believe everyone has a right to decide, to determine the fate of their own life. Provided they are of right as well of sound mind and judgment. I am referring to assisted suicide.
LightSun

so do i.
assisted suicide, however, involves a very clear distinction and knowledge of detailed interests. and again, whom can who trust?
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: quote   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 7:07 pm

Well first, hello lavender orchid. Old friend. That is a nice homage to Albert Pike. I figured I'd post 10 sayings. It is very nice to see you again in the streams of time and destiny as well as coincidences of time. sunny
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: quotes   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 7:14 pm

Good question. I strongly believe we should all prepare for the eventuality of death and have papers in order. Living wills and so on.

As for whom we could trust, first the laws must or should or can change to reflect the right's of the individual. I think it perhaps an eventuality. Second once this round is fought first and finally won, them to trust an organization which has a proven track record, hopefully surrounded by those we have loved. They perhaps can see to it that things are properly done.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Quotes   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 7:18 pm

"The day which we fear as our last is but the birthday of eternity." Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Quotes   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 7:21 pm

"Men fear death as children fear to go in the dark ; and as that natural fear in children is increased by tales, so is the other." Francis Bacon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next