BreakAwayForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BreakAwayForum

Break away from mind confines and be Free to explore yourself and us all

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

totems - power guides

Go down 
+2
lightsun
Nataskin
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

totems - power guides - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: totems   totems - power guides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 5:02 pm

As far as s light and dark wolf. Romana, "Both are essential parts of life and have much to teach
us."
I agree we can learn from both sides of us and life. In our past talks,we have discussed the positive
of dark ; I.E. It is a time of story telling, regrowth, recharge, reflection & knowledge. There are
also unpleasant realities like crime which must be addressed and learned from. We can not put
our heads in the sand of ignorance.
Dearlg1, "I have no particular color,that is why my avatar is the yin and yang wolf. Aspects of
both. There are no bad wolves, just perspectives." I like this as well.
The story of the bad wolf and the good wolf is a gross generalization. I still like it, because it
is a starting point.
All of the above is true. However, the story illustrates, will we be a force for good. Will we train
ourselves to walk the difficult path of enlightenment & recognize ignorance both in the world, but more
importantly within ourselves. Their are people who shine, and are role models. They may have knowledge
a out the baser parts of humanity, but put it to good use.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: totems   totems - power guides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 5:17 pm

Dearlg1, "....I got mine from what animal I (feel) most akin to. This is a good way to go about it.
I arrived at my choice of totems Owl and Horse, because I feel akin to them. I have felt an
attraction to the owl. My whole life. The other way is to do a vision quest either in the wilderness,
or in a sweat lodge. Have you ever in your readings, identified with an animal. Or have you dreams
of any animal. If so, they would be your spirit guides. I will give you some information on a
message. Sort through it and tell me your conclusions.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: totems   totems - power guides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 5:31 pm

lavender orchid
You invoke peace
And that is felt
Far and near

Thank you, lavender orchid
Your graciousness and well wishes
Strike at me
And fill me with pleasant thoughts
You are a warm breathe of sunshine
May your goodness and inner beauty
Continue to shine and
Enliven all those around you sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: totems - power guides   totems - power guides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 5:41 pm

thank you, lightsun!
the support and strength
coming "form here"
I love you
and "here" means
you and life in all
are best shared
in this forum

so i can go out
not only back
in all directions
without fear of more
disharmonies

truth
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: totems   totems - power guides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 5:53 pm

I just like to say, it is a pleasure reading your writings.
I must say that it is fortuitous that I have met you and
others here on this forum. Mayflow has a great vision.
This forum is a blessing sunny flower
Back to top Go down
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

PostSubject: Re: totems - power guides   totems - power guides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 7:51 pm

lightsun wrote:
As far as s light and dark wolf. Romana, "Both are essential parts of life and have much to teach
us."
I agree we can learn from both sides of us and life. In our past talks,we have discussed the positive
of dark ; I.E. It is a time of story telling, regrowth, recharge, reflection & knowledge. There are
also unpleasant realities like crime which must be addressed and learned from. We can not put
our heads in the sand of ignorance.
By extension, people often overlook the negative side of light. Equating dark with evil and light with good is inaccurate, simplistic, and counterproductive. I would not be surprised if it is a part, perhaps subconscious, of racism.
Back to top Go down
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

PostSubject: Re: totems - power guides   totems - power guides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 7:57 pm

lavender orchid wrote:
Romana,
your name and your community building suggest to me you that one of your totems might be the lion (cougar) while you still are seeking to learn from wolf.
What exactly gives you this impression? My screen name was chosen years ago for convenience, and I am not sure just what I am doing that constitutes community building. I do not disagree - in fact, I do not know enough yet to have a sound opinion. Please forgive me if my questions are rather ignorant.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: totems   totems - power guides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 8:31 pm

Romana, "Equating dark with evil and light with good is inaccurate, simplistic, and counterproductive."
I agree. Currently I don't know a way around It. How do we transcend labels. You are right,
either a "negative" label, or a "positive" label is incurrarate and does not do true justice to the
Individual. Words are limiting and hampering, & full of inconsistencies. As soon as you define
God, your words limit him/her. This may be another project, on how to transcend the limitations
of human speech. It is based on superstition. It was perpetrated by our ancestors sitting around
camp fires.. It is carried on today. Our ancestors were scared of the unknown. And scared of
wolves, nighttime, bats, spiders, people with deformities,snakes, sharks & all manner of
creature imagined and put into myth. Usually evil is dark an ugly.
The notion of black has carried over into black-heart, black devil's food cake and so on.
We are carrying over into eastern religion. In Buddhism & Taoism reality just is. It is neither
good or evil. To be a master, is to transcend such labels, to accept reality for it is, and to
take modifying steps. I must confess, I do not know how to truly transcend our language
limitations fully. You & I have used the analogy of steering a raft/boat. To not fight reality,
but learn to steer our course. Currently this is my level of progression. Any idea,or insight
on how to transcend our poor use of language,and the continual stereotyping we use,
would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: totems   totems - power guides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 8:46 pm

This goes back to me, and our discussions on cognitive science, & the detection of language
distortions, as well as fallacious in thinking & speech behavior. Our school systems do not
address it. (1). If we could speak with reason, (2). know when we are triggered, learn to identify
thought distortions, (3). learn to be responsible for our emotions, (4). do not speak when
triggered (5). have our emotions processed. We currently do not do this..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: totems - power guides   totems - power guides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 8:58 pm

Romana wrote:
lavender orchid wrote:
Romana,
your name and your community building suggest to me you that one of your totems might be the lion (cougar) while you still are seeking to learn from wolf.
What exactly gives you this impression? My screen name was chosen years ago for convenience, and I am not sure just what I am doing that constitutes community building. I do not disagree - in fact, I do not know enough yet to have a sound opinion. Please forgive me if my questions are rather ignorant.

can we be agreed that there are no ignorant questions.
i do not hear ignorance in your questions here.

the impression came from the outward facade alone. hence i said i perceived a suggestion.
who chose your screen name years ago for whose convenience.
impressions from reading, no judgment. no re-action to push you.
an impression on my attention and interest reaching out, nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

PostSubject: Re: totems - power guides   totems - power guides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 7:57 am

lightsun wrote:
Romana, "Equating dark with evil and light with good is inaccurate, simplistic, and counterproductive."
I agree. Currently I don't know a way around It. How do we transcend labels. You are right,
either a "negative" label, or a "positive" label is incurrarate and does not do true justice to the
Individual. Words are limiting and hampering, & full of inconsistencies.
This need not be overthought. Simply use the most precise and accurate word for what you mean. If you mean evil, bad, or ugly, say these, not black or dark. If you mean an absence of light, as in a room with the lights off, or the forest at night, say dark. If you mean the colors, say black and white. There is nothing wrong with labels, and we cannot escape their use. The problem arises only when we use the wrong label, or an incomplete, confusing, or misleading label.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: totems - power guides   totems - power guides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:20 am

Very Happy totems - power guides - Page 3 090526-210514-877010
http://www.recmusic.org/lieder/get_text.html?TextId=25780

goes.... with this totem:
albino
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: totems - power guides   totems - power guides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 4:10 pm

\!!
frozen emotions
in ongoing vision quest
realities are shifting
what adaptation next
is forced on relations
in a global context

totems - power guides - Page 3 F8CQ8NAXK9X23XY5
veloy vigil, like antelope run
http://www.hanksville.org/NAresources/indices/Vigil2.html

for all that goes unsaid
but never unnoticed
beyond the insinuation
of clinging

g
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: totems - power guides   totems - power guides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 8:05 am

as good as any watch dog
and just as sacred
still

totems - power guides - Page 3 456px-Cape_barren_goose_jan09
cape barren goose
epitaph for an ego
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: totems - power guides   totems - power guides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 12:48 pm

i do this and i do that
i have this and you need that
i am all .... the universe

we're doing a raincheck, she said

some will destroy empty spaces even
or eliminate the negative

it needs all kinds before
a lot of kinds become very unnecessary

it's not the totems
but the totemism in the art factory
and business as usual
that we love
not to touch

welcome to the club
totems - power guides - Page 3 Raccoon
"you cannot make them love you!"
is that why i left
?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: totems - power guides   totems - power guides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 10:42 am

been there done
that somewhere
in summer

totems - power guides - Page 3 1317__DSCN0622poprawiony
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcCuTLyuQ0w
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: totems - power guides   totems - power guides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 4:55 pm

bearing 4 bears
staring at shares
daring these cares
squaring well fares

totems - power guides - Page 3 Coho-salmon1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: totems - power guides   totems - power guides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 6:39 pm

what's there to shield anyway?
where i draw the line..
totems - power guides - Page 3 Armadillo%20-%20Hollingsworth,%20John%20and%20Karen%20-%20USFWS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0hKs-C34bU&feature=PlayList&p=029F8ED32E2F4392&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=4
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: totems - power guides   totems - power guides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 7:15 am

what 50 teeth are good for
when all you want is a fur coat
remains a mystery
of seems

totems - power guides - Page 3 Opossum-Baby-01
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: totems - power guides   totems - power guides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 2:58 pm

patience
would only become
active in slomo
seeming attached
to habit

totems - power guides - Page 3 Antelope2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2JP4XZj8Ks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: totems - power guides   totems - power guides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 7:09 am

totems - power guides - Page 3 Turtle1totems - power guides - Page 3 Ottertotems - power guides - Page 3 Deb_panda2

ok. just the right message, today, from a true friend. I love you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: totems - power guides   totems - power guides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 6:34 am

being
on good terms
would be not
just trying
totems - power guides - Page 3 800px-Dom_dramaturga
aha? Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: totems - power guides   totems - power guides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 10:10 am

\!!
suspect?
suspect.
amen..
totems - power guides - Page 3 41
Smile Suspect I love you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: totems - power guides   totems - power guides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 2:08 pm

totems - power guides - Page 3 Frog_clipart_5 Question Arrow
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: totems - power guides   totems - power guides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 7:37 pm

beethoven's 9: roll over..!
totems - power guides - Page 3 Wolves-4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6j1g2KE8NA&feature=rec-r2-2f-2-HM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: totems - power guides   totems - power guides - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

totems - power guides
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next