BreakAwayForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BreakAwayForum

Break away from mind confines and be Free to explore yourself and us all

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

totems - power guides

Go down 
+2
lightsun
Nataskin
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

totems - power guides - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: totems - power guides   totems - power guides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 5:12 am

lightsun wrote:
It has been my experience that some people are more apt to look within, and are aware of this inner
universe. Such types are apt to be labeled deep.
Yet there are others who view the external world as real at it is their only concern.
Do you think that it is possible for an entire culture to learn to listen to this inner voice, or even a large
percentage.
I think people are built differently and have different talents and different perceptions of the world. Thus there
are many versions of what is real.
What are your thoughts on the matter?

lightsun, it \!! is at this point in time easy for me to agree with your evaluation.
speaking from personal experience of intercultural and historical "learning", one must strengthen the notion of people's perceptive faculties being more important than the exploitative imperative of productiveness which has lead to the global crisis we all are finding ourselves in.

just reading the papers today shows that the "elites" appear to question the system, yet for every individual to come into their personal self-realization before being able to contribute to wholeness and happiness in work life is still a long way to go.

what is real?

what can be real? what must have been real from ancient times?
I love you
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: totems   totems - power guides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 8:13 pm

I resonate with your statement, dearlg1. I once wrote a thread called "a seed of life". In it I
described how we have an instinctive built in desire to self actualize, built into our DNA.
All it needs is love and nurture and patience, with positive role models. We need to be
allowed to come into our own. Too many times we can be confused by the messages our
parents and society impart into us, before we know who we are. Unfortunately, current
society does not help facilitate this. This is why I am for planned child rearing. Where the
adult prospective parents know who they are, are psychologically healthy, are in a stable
relationship with joint communication and has a good support system. Again, this makes
idealistic sense but does not seem to be viable.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: totems   totems - power guides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 2:57 am

Well dearlg1, wolf spirit, how many of these associated characteristics of the
wolf do you resonate with? What other characteristics of the wolf do you feel a
connection with?
WOLF:
Intelligence
Cunning
Communication
Friendliness
Loyalty
Generosity
Compassionate
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: totems - power guides   totems - power guides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 2:58 am

It has been pretty much a western cultural thing for many years now to rear a child for self-interest worldly gains (being uccessful) and practically zero for finding inner peace. Western society purposely instills stress into children’s lives and as they grow up they project that stress either inward (anxiety) or outward (anger). A very bad trend has developed from that.
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: totems - power guides   totems - power guides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 3:01 am

lightsun wrote:
Well dearlg1, wolf spirit, how many of these associated characteristics of the
wolf do you resonate with? What other characteristics of the wolf do you feel a
connection with?
WOLF:
Intelligence
Cunning
Communication
Friendliness
Loyalty
Generosity
Compassionate
Well all of them, but I wish I had more intelligence and less cunning.
I would like t have their ability to run with speed and endurance
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: totems   totems - power guides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 3:15 am

I agree with your statement. Hillary Clinton wrote a book, It Takes a Community to Raise a
Child. So true. I suppose that one gets away with being connected to nature and living in a
community, village, clan that we don't develop our spiritual & mystical side. Without having
this connection and interconnectedness, we can become stunted, lost and overwhelmed by
society & it's mixed signals. We may not develop a solid grounding to the earth. This of course
does not have to be the case, nor is it the case always. If a child is raised by two parents, and
or has a solid base of support, then they still can become grounded and actualize into who
they were meant to be. To me the creator is the universe and it's great mysteries. We must
tap into this force, to be part of something greater and to be happy.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: totem   totems - power guides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 3:21 am

As far as intelligence, you certainly have wisdom and insight. I would like to have more
endurance and speed as well!
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: totems   totems - power guides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 3:23 am

Congratulations on becoming a sage. You very well are deserving.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: totems   totems - power guides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 3:29 am

lavender orchid who has the totem of the majestic horse, which of these totem characteristics
do you self identify with? What other meanings does the horse have for you?
HORSE:
Power
Grace
Beauty
Nobility
Strength
Freedom
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: totems   totems - power guides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 3:43 am

My totem is the owl. I suppose I will answer the same questions I gave to dearlg1, and lavender
orchid. First the owl:
OWL:
Wisdom
Mystery
Transition
Mysticism
Protection
Secrets
I most identify with wisdom, and intelligence. My idea for healing is to have the duality of love
and wisdom. I also equate and am attracted to mysticism along with secret knowledge of the
ancients. I am on a path of self discovery, thus transition, metamorphosis & self actualization.
I am intuitive and thus listen to the inner messages from my heart, connected to the great
mystery. I also listen to messages of love, wisdom, compassion, mercy & knowledge from
others. I suppose my weakest point is protection.
Back to top Go down
Mayflow
Starfleet Commander
Starfleet Commander
Mayflow

PostSubject: Re: totems - power guides   totems - power guides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 4:19 am

What is the Deer?

totems - power guides - Page 2 May1
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: totems   totems - power guides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 4:48 am

Hello Mayflow, greetings. I bring you news of many blessings. The deer has positive
attributes. In fact I am astounded. Are You sitting for the news. It is a long list. You are truly
blessed. Well here goes. The deer.
DEER: Abundance, beauty, benevolence, creativity, fertility, grace, humility, love, peace,
regrowth, spirituality, swiftness & watchfulness.
I must say I am impressed. Well Mayflow, the same question to you, I asked the others.
Which do you most identify with? What other attributes do you have that are missing from
the list. The interesting thing to me is that I haven't known you that long, or is it a lifetime
and I didn't know it? In you I see these characteristics. Which is lucky for me, based on my
theory of projection. Well this is an interesting exercise. I am interested in the answers you
& the others provide!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: totems - power guides   totems - power guides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 9:11 am

lightsun wrote:
lavender orchid who has the totem of the majestic horse, which of these totem characteristics
do you self identify with? What other meanings does the horse have for you?
HORSE:
Power
Grace
Beauty
Nobility
Strength
Freedom

it is a recent totem manifested in this life while i did not even dare to think it to ever be mine.
please do not think this was easy....

"they shoot horses, don't they"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: totems - power guides   totems - power guides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 10:58 pm

Mayflow wrote:
What is the Deer?

totems - power guides - Page 2 May1

Smile got a lot of maroons to feed (on?) before ant elopes.. Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: totems   totems - power guides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 6:27 pm

Greetings and Aloha, lavender orchid.
My what a statement. It makes me cringe to retype it, "they shoot horses, don't they?"
Yes. But there are wild hoses running true and proud in asiatic Mongolia. There are also
horses in the american southwest, wild and untamed. Blessings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: totems - power guides   totems - power guides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 12:03 pm

Smile lightsun, Smile

please uncringe, the vision is waning. at least for the moment.

seed plant Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: totems   totems - power guides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 12:29 pm

Thanks, you, i'm starting to feel relief. Mahalo, blessings, sweet cheers and many pleasant visualizations and
dreams for you..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: totems - power guides   totems - power guides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 6:23 am

I love you

eur0vision and grouse

divine trinities
rather than
couples
and temples
destroyed

seek ye first the kingdom of heaven and all else shall be added unto you.

tell me, whether the many egoes are not their geocentric worldview incarnate and revisited.

totems - power guides - Page 2 PL_04HazelGrouse

unbroken circle and sacred spiral
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: totems - power guides   totems - power guides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 6:50 pm

you invoked peace
and that is felt
far and near

totems - power guides - Page 2 Nat22
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: totems - power guides   totems - power guides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 8:09 am

Peace to you and all...from my I love you
Back to top Go down
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

PostSubject: Re: totems - power guides   totems - power guides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 8:27 am

Lightsun, and others: Where are you getting the information about totem animals, and how does one determine one's totem? I have some suspicions, but would like to understand this better.

lightsun wrote:
What color wolf dearlg1? I like your avatar. I did not immediately see both wolves in your avatar. Very nice. Have you heard the story of having two wolves in our heart and we must make the choice of which one to feed and thus make stronger? We must look at both the light & dark things in life and decide which direction to take.
Why must we choose between them? Both are essential parts of life and have much to teach us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: totems - power guides   totems - power guides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 9:00 am

Arrow totems - power guides - Page 2 Lt_jw_49168
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: totems - power guides   totems - power guides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 9:27 am

sunny ..from glass

totems - power guides - Page 2 Windchime3
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: totems - power guides   totems - power guides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 10:47 am

Romana wrote:
Lightsun, and others: Where are you getting the information about totem animals, and how does one determine one's totem? I have some suspicions, but would like to understand this better.

lightsun wrote:
What color wolf dearlg1? I like your avatar. I did not immediately see both wolves in your avatar. Very nice. Have you heard the story of having two wolves in our heart and we must make the choice of which one to feed and thus make stronger? We must look at both the light & dark things in life and decide which direction to take.
Why must we choose between them? Both are essential parts of life and have much to teach us.
I can not speak for anybody else but I got mine from what animal I (feel) most akin to, which is the wolf and it is very strong.

I have no particular color, that is why my avatar is the yin and yang wolf. Aspects of both. There are no bad wolves, just perceptions.

Last edited by dearlg1 on Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: totems - power guides   totems - power guides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:21 am

Romana,
your name and your community building suggest to me you that one of your totems might be the lion (cougar) while you still are seeking to learn from wolf.

my life's experience is that some people may have one totem only, while others may have many, as they do come to them, sent by ........... great mystery. Very Happy

my parents had this idea(l) i should become a teacher; far be it from me though No .....
it took me a long time to find out i am rather a "seer", and as a free spirit may give strength and support wherever, whenever needed.

but i stay close to teachers. elephant

btw. one of my totems just being there and needing to be recognized, somehow, is ..
(where has it gone now..??????? Rolling Eyes )

totems - power guides - Page 2 Native_american_mousepad-p144509245929684280td22_313
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: totems - power guides   totems - power guides - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

totems - power guides
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next