BreakAwayForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BreakAwayForum

Break away from mind confines and be Free to explore yourself and us all

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ignorance is not always bliss

Go down 
+4
Romana
lightsun
Nataskin
dearlg1
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 10:55 am

dearlg1 wrote:
lavender orchid wrote:
www.?

pirat

www.ignoranceisbliss.com jocolor

are you happy in such freedom?
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 11:05 am

The ones who do not know...the ignorant. A redundant statement. Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 11:33 am

i have been kind to
but never kindred with
such
density levels

Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 4 Tigger

and singing .... perhaps..

Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 2:13 pm

lavender orchid wrote:
i have been kind to
but never kindred with
such
density levels

Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 4 Tigger

and singing .... perhaps..

Maybe as dense and thick as this song Very Happy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toHlMD50eYY
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 2:42 pm

... and its imp-poster?

[center] rendeer
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 2:52 pm

lavender orchid wrote:
... and its imp-poster?

[center] rendeer

tongue Hmmmmmmmmm; could be tongue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 3:22 pm

dearlg1 wrote:
lavender orchid wrote:
... and its imp-poster?

[center] rendeer

tongue Hmmmmmmmmm; could be tongue

Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 4 Frownsintosmiles
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: ignorance   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 5:57 pm

1st, we are all ignorant. It seems to be part of the human condition. (2). we all have blind spots, so do not know
when we are being blind and ignorant. A good tell tale, is negative emotion. If there is negative emotion, there
is room for growth. Ignorance, or part of it, is not acknowledging this fact. To instead, label or judge, is a sure
sign of ignorance. This is only a part. 2nd. we need each other. Since each of us can see only the piece of the
puzzle, we need each other to sort out the pieces. 3rd. this is where self discipline comes in. To hear the other,
without getting triggered. If triggered, look within for self growth. Triggers are a good thing. They force ourselves
to expand our consciousness.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: ignorance   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 6:02 pm

A sure sign of a guru : non triggerability, and the ability to see multiple viewpoints. A sure sign of ignorance,
is too see your position as the only viewpoint of worth. It is not desirable, since we need each other. We must
learn to work together.
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 7:57 pm

lightsun wrote:
A sure sign of a guru : non triggerability, and the ability to see multiple viewpoints. A sure sign of ignorance,
is too see your position as the only viewpoint of worth. It is not desirable, since we need each other. We must
learn to work together.
I for one agree with your assessment. Unless that guru’s message was grossly misinterpreted and was accused of something he or she is not or ever will be.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: ignorance   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 8:11 pm

I have been on a path, since I was born. I learn from others.
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 5:00 am

lightsun wrote:
Learing from others is how things are learned. Is that a good thing though? What is good for one does not automatically make it good for you, and it may not even be good for them either. Learing is a very tricky process with many paradoxical abstractions. Question Question Question Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 5:15 am

oh, i love to hear you talk, my friends.
and how often would i wish my friends would include me.
because it is so much more and better than just listenting to talk, per se.

you see, "my" culture uses reward and punishment to make or break you, from as early as you can remember.
it has created hierarchical social structures our beaten minds cannot seem to transcend anymore.

when a guru, therefore, keeps pushing me into the shame and guilt corner, i will eventually question his motives concerning the status quo he either wants to sacrifice me to or help me out of.

fight or flight?

beyond that begins life as the universal order.

the more i see you..
Back to top Go down
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 9:13 am

dearlg1 wrote:
lightsun wrote:
Learing from others is how things are learned. Is that a good thing though? What is good for one does not automatically make it good for you, and it may not even be good for them either. Learing is a very tricky process with many paradoxical abstractions. Question Question Question Suspect
Learning from others does not require that you accept their answers for yourself. Others often give us valuable examples of what not to do, or at least cautionary lessons that we can employ in making our own choices.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 9:48 am

Romana, your words sound reasonable!
reason being, that OUR OWN CHOICES do already contain too much chaos.
but sure i trust you to be an excellent role model.

Wink
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 10:40 am

I can accept things with caution.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: ignorance   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 5:08 pm

I am an Intuitive. I am a feeler. When & how, I learn, the knowledge must resonate. If it does
not resonate with my spirit, then either I have no use for it, or I am not yet ready to learn
the lesson. Dearlg1, I do not take in everything and accept it. I believe all of us have gifts :
Romana, lavender orchid, Dearlg1, myself, & everyone on the forum. As such, we all need
to learn lessons to grow and actualize our self. We will need to learn different lessons, perhaps.
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 5:27 pm

lightsun wrote:
I am an Intuitive. I am a feeler. When & how, I learn, the knowledge must resonate. If it does
not resonate with my spirit, then either I have no use for it, or I am not yet ready to learn
the lesson. Dearlg1, I do not take in everything and accept it. I believe all of us have gifts :
Romana, lavender orchid, Dearlg1, myself, & everyone on the forum. As such, we all need
to learn lessons to grow and actualize our self. We will need to learn different lessons, perhaps.

I understand where you are coming from. I am more of an observer and analyze type of person. Not so much on a scientific side but an observer of humanity, like body language, voice tones and writing styles, that sort of things. I do not know what is best for people. I leave it up to the individual to make their own decisions and look at people who like to give advice with an eye of suspicion. I am a harbinger for the Great Way, but leave it at that. To each their own.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: ignorance   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 5:35 pm

Romana, "Others often give us valuable examples of what not to do..."
True, even profoundly so. Confucius stated that on a road, he met two men. A good man
(or greater), and a bad man (or lesser man). From the good, he learned what to do.
From the bad, what not to do. I will state my contention that we all have an instinctual seed
of life & it holds our gift. Our job is to find this gift and manifest it. If we do, we will be in flow,
or one with Tao, & be happy. The problem is, as you say, Dearlg1, hearing false messages.
We must be on guard and we must take responsibility for our choices. Do we walk the path
of reason and love? Or we instead get pulled into superficiality, and not realize our gift?
It is hard to not get pulled into the illusions of the world. This is why children need to be
nurtured with love and reason. Protected against the conflicting signals of the world. If a child
has a sense of self, they can more readily ignore illusions & the false promises of the world.
They then can pursue their gift and more easily keep straight on the path. If the child was
not raised in this protective & nurturing environment, they can have symptoms or
diseases of crime, mental illness, & substance abuse. This is a shame.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: ignorance   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 5:44 pm

dearlg1, "I leave it up to the individual to make their own decisions..." I also. Each must walk
their path. I like it about Hinduism, they say their are many paths to the top of the mountain.
Based on our gifts, we must walk the path differently. Each path must be respected, provided
it does not harm others.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: ignorance   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 6:05 pm

"...keeps pushing me into the shame and guilt corner..."
lavender orchid, my spirit cries out, "This is wrong!" I get angry. In my mind, this is the wrong
approach. Moreover, it is controlling. It is not done for the benefit of the pupil. It is done, in a
controlling fashion, to remake the pupil in the image of the teacher. It goes against my spirit.
All of us have animal spirits, and as such are different, unique, special. Some of us are beaver,
or salmon or bear or woodpecker or dragonfly. He is trying to reshape your animal spirit into
his own. It is misguided. You can not turn an eagle into a bear. It is a sin and goes against the
nature of our soul. I am sorry. This triggers my demons. In order for the teacher to not face
his or her own issues, and thus grow, they instead control the situation. They do not take into
account the unique value the pupil brings. Both parties are independent beings & they should
have this independence acknowledged & respected. Both can learn from the other. I have
counseled. I do not seek to control or remake this other person into me. I ask questions.
I lead others to truths, that I can perceive. Along the way, I grow. This is wrong. Free
yourself lavender orchid. You have wisdom to share. Find a mentor, where both parties
are equal & or have equal worth.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: ignorance   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 6:16 pm

Dearlg1, "Learning from others is how things are learned. Is that a good though?" I do not know if it is good
or no, nonetheless it is reality. So it is good. How else could we learn? I suppose, independently. Yet then
we would not be as interconnected. Because we are interconnected, it forces us to learn from each other.
This is why I love learning communication techniques.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: ignorance   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 6:24 pm

Dearlg1, "What is good for one does not automatically make it good for you..."
I am in agreement. A lot of this ties in with the above posts. I think we are both seeing a truth
and describing the different aspects of it. This is also why I love learning the SJ SP NF NT
personalities. I am a peaceweaver. I seek harmony between the different personalities.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: ignorance   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 6:43 pm

"...look at people who like to give advise with an eye of suspicion." I sort of agree with you. I say each of us has
inner wisdom & light. We need to learn to listen to this inner voice. The advise giver generally does not know
that they are Projecting their universe, unto another. It is, as if, the eagle says to the bear, do it this way.
All of us have different gifts. We also have barrier. If something is not done, that is reasonable, then there is an
unconscious reason. A weak area. Saying what seems to be self evident, the other person already knows.
How can we learn and teach the other? Each of us learns in different ways. Some like to always get advise.
This stunts their uniqueness and ability to make decisions. Some like to always give advise, and can seem to
be arrogant. They are oblivious, or don't care of their effect. In between is the happy median of the bell curve,
of give and listen to advise. What does all this say. I agree with your statement. However,
people have different styles, that they are not always aware of. Each must learn their own way.
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 6:57 pm

lightsun, being an ultra sensitive person as I sense, life must be rough on you at times, emotionally speaking. You must posses a strong character to withstand the rigors of life that has and do confront you. Stay on your path. Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ignorance is not always bliss
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BreakAwayForum :: Nice Alley - for the nice to be even nicer-
Jump to: