BreakAwayForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BreakAwayForum

Break away from mind confines and be Free to explore yourself and us all

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Thought and speech

Go down 
+2
Prettybirds
dearlg1
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

Thought and speech Empty
PostSubject: Thought and speech   Thought and speech Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 3:27 pm

It has come to my attention since contracting Parkinson’s Disease that speech and thinking take place at different levels in the brain and at different times. Before we speak we think about what we are going say then the thinking process ends and then the brain is turned over to the speech process mechanisms and words are then spoken automatically, without thinking. And this thinking and speaking process is done at the sentence level, not the word level. Have you ever noticed how fast people loose their want and will to listen to a speaker who is speaking one word at a time instead of in sentences? Try speaking like that to people and watch the expressions on their face change.
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

Thought and speech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought and speech   Thought and speech Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 1:21 pm

dearlg1 wrote:
It has come to my attention since contracting Parkinson’s Disease that speech and thinking take place at different levels in the brain and at different times. Before we speak we think about what we are going say then the thinking process ends and then the brain is turned over to the speech process mechanisms and words are then spoken automatically, without thinking. And this thinking and speaking process is done at the sentence level, not the word level. Have you ever noticed how fast people loose their want and will to listen to a speaker who is speaking one word at a time instead of in sentences? Try speaking like that to people and watch the expressions on their face change.

Dearlg1, Not only do we share a love for similar music but we share a similar frustration with our bodies.

Much love and patience for you. I would listen till the cows came home my friend.

What interesting and heavy insight into how our biological mind works. Wouldn't it be interesting if our 2 diseases complimented each other allowing for hours of exchange. In between my twitches you could slip a word in. We would love each others patience.

Lots of hugs Laughing
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

Thought and speech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought and speech   Thought and speech Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 4:19 pm

Prettybirds wrote:
dearlg1 wrote:

Dearlg1, Not only do we share a love for similar music but we share a similar frustration with our bodies.

Much love and patience for you. I would listen till the cows came home my friend.

What interesting and heavy insight into how our biological mind works. Wouldn't it be interesting if our 2 diseases complimented each other allowing for hours of exchange. In between my twitches you could slip a word in. We would love each others patience.

Lots of hugs Thought and speech Icon_lol

I would love to converse but I really don't want to do it on an open forum
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

Thought and speech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought and speech   Thought and speech Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 4:26 pm

Hi Dearlg1, my email is Birds100@live.ca. It is 630 pm here and just sitting down to dinner. Will you be online in about 3 hours? I could pm you too.

Birds
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

Thought and speech Empty
PostSubject: thought and speech   Thought and speech Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 9:14 pm

I have had an observation. I have had an insight based on personal experience
as well as observation. Generally I am attracted, interested in higher energy level
people who speak with confidance and energy.
Depressed people, a condition I happen to suffer with, speak slower and in more
of a monotone. They are thus less interesting and hold one's interest less. (1) I am
not saying it is fair. (2) I am not saying it is 100% a truism. (3) Generally people mistake
me for an extrovert based on apparent high energy I possess when dealing publicly with
people. Also as a comparison there are those who speak slower but in a poetic or musical
cadence who one follows closely and in a enraptured state. There was a television
series called Kung Fu both in the 70's and also 80's starring David Carradine. He spoke
in a slow musical cadence that more than kept my attention. In fact a wise one
can learn to speak slowly and with great care as to empathize their words of wisdom.
Those who are wise will pay heed and listen closely attuned to the speaker's voice and
hopefully words of wisdom that strikes true. True to the heart and core of one's soul.
Back to top Go down
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

Thought and speech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought and speech   Thought and speech Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 9:40 pm

lightsun wrote:
I have had an observation. I have had an insight based on personal experience
as well as observation. Generally I am attracted, interested in higher energy level
people who speak with confidance and energy.
This is interesting. Just what do you mean by high energy? How is this conveyed in the person's speech, or perhaps overall manner? I have been told at times, even when I was still a teenager, that I had an exceptional speaking voice. By that I mean for public speaking or reading (I sometimes read the scripture lessons at church services), rather than one-on-one conversation. I have heard recordings of myself, however, and frankly find it hard to listen to. What makes a good speaker? The answer is probably dependent upon circumstances and application.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

Thought and speech Empty
PostSubject: thought and speech   Thought and speech Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 12:38 am

I am quite happy you have shared this with me. Interesting people I like to find hidden gems and angles to the brilliance of the crystal or diamond of their being.
I will first start with myself. I have many times been told that I have a deep voice. That I should have been a radio DJ. Ironically I was given an opportunity to be the voice of a character in a book. I have been told that I am a natural born orator. Words come out of me and flow as if from the well of wisdom. This is when my unconscious mind rules. I speak from the heart so to speak.
I also was sought after to read in school. I have a cadence, flow, different modulations of voice to empathize key points. In fact I used to write as if I was giving a speech. Different words would be italicized underlined put in quotes and so on. Some people could not understand this so I sort of curbed this way or style of writing. This is unless I know the other person speaks in a similar language and can understand the inflections. I will readdress this question and I may use some quotes from your question to help delineate and fully flesh out a more fleshed response. The shortest response is using inflections in the voice pattern to delineate key points. I suppose my voice might be compared to Orson Welles with his Shakespearean acting.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

Thought and speech Empty
PostSubject: thought and speech   Thought and speech Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 2:18 am

Romana wrote, "...what do you mean by high energy? How is this conveyed in the person's speech, or perhaps overall manner?" I have promised to come back to this and perhaps flesh it out a bit more.

A high energy level, one has a faster speech pattern without being hyper or anxious speaking. There is a general confidance and reassurance in the speaker's voice. And a believability. That is the speaker speaks with confidance, believes in his or her own
words. Passion may be in the speaker's voice and congruence.

That is their speech reflects an inner certitude. As I said before there is a natural almost poetic, musical, or artistic flair to the speaker's voice that reflects hidden deeper meanings with the inflection of the voice. Many words are filler and a background so that the true or key power words come out and truly shine out against the backdrop. It is an almost natural gift or talent. I
suppose it can be taught. But a person with natural aptitude shines out much more strongly.

Although training can always enhance an artist natural speaking ability, and voice modulation. Along with this congruence with inner passion, believability, voice modulation comes body congruence. That is one's entire body and manner categorizes all the congruence that is felt within. I have been told I talk like an Italian. It is of course a stereotype. It has been pointed out to me that I use many hand gestures to express all manner of felt emotions whether it be grief, sadness, happy, angry what have you.

Thank you for putting forth the question that helped me think more deeply on the matter.
LightSun
Back to top Go down

Thought and speech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought and speech   Thought and speech Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 7:23 am

thought and speech
taught to screech
no ai here
4 the record
Thought and speech 581px-Indischer_Maler_des_6._Jahrhunderts_001

medium or media?
Back to top Go down
Jonathan Ainsley Bain
:SPOCK: - Ship's physicist.
Jonathan Ainsley Bain

Thought and speech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought and speech   Thought and speech Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 5:29 am

the mind and the body are ontologically distinct from one another
all constructs
are first plans

all physicality resides first-most in the world of forms

the process, is more than duality,
its a trinity

what freud called
id, ego, and superego

when the soul (superego) is in disagreement with the world (id)
then the ego (mind) experiences dissonance which
results in miscommunication with others

so a fully functional superego (conscience) needs to be reconstructed
after ego-death (nervous breakdown)

which is akin to being 'reborn'
Back to top Go down
http://flight-light-and-spin.com
lavender orchid

Thought and speech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought and speech   Thought and speech Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 9:21 am

re: thought and speech

good, but very rough outline; could we get ourselves to acknowledge such as worthy of some alternative learning experience, with well-trained professionals responsible for such experiments?

do i hear a chorus now? singing "nearer my god to thee" ....

Thought and speech Animaatjes-jaap-98294

\!!

p.s. i am honestly thinking of teachers, coaches, trainers with a different understanding of ethics.
look at our antiquated and rundown ideals and then also at the almost totalitarian permissiveness persistent in nearly all modern societies today.

Thought and speech Trompe10

Like a Star @ heaven https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-d6qZ6f9LI Like a Star @ heaven

happy birthday, tiffanistott!
Back to top Go down
lavender orchid

Thought and speech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought and speech   Thought and speech Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 12:06 pm

Quote :
Verbicide is a form of genocide to Freedom and Liberty. Words were very important for the conveyance of concepts. The Founders were meticulous in their expression of concepts. Many words, however, have had their meanings changed by the educational process and other societal methods, the effect being that we have lost some of what we were. Examples of the words that have been used in this game of Verbicide are discussed.

Thought and speech Choclb10 ~~~~ \!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Thought and speech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought and speech   Thought and speech Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thought and speech
Page 1 of 1