BreakAwayForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BreakAwayForum

Break away from mind confines and be Free to explore yourself and us all

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The boundless mindstates

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mayflow
Starfleet Commander
Starfleet Commander
Mayflow

The boundless mindstates Empty
PostSubject: The boundless mindstates   The boundless mindstates Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 3:59 am

The Basic Passage on the Four Sublime States from the Discourses of the Buddha

I.

Here, friends, a disciple dwells pervading one direction with his heart filled with loving-kindness, likewise the second, the third, and the fourth direction; so above, below and around; he dwells pervading the entire world everywhere and equally with his heart filled with loving-kindness, abundant, grown great, measureless, free from enmity and free from distress.

II.

Here, friends, a disciple dwells pervading one direction with his heart filled with compassion, likewise the second, the third and the fourth direction; so above, below and around; he dwells pervading the entire world everywhere and equally with his heart filled with compassion, abundant, grown great, measureless, free from enmity and free from distress.

III.

Here, friends, a disciple dwells pervading one direction with his heart filled with sympathetic joy, likewise the second, the third and the fourth direction; so above, below and around; he dwells pervading the entire world everywhere and equally with his heart filled with sympathetic joy, abundant, grown great, measureless, free from enmity and free from distress.

IV.

Here, friends, a disciple dwells pervading one direction with his heart filled with equanimity, likewise the second, the third and the fourth direction; so above, below and around; he dwells pervading the entire world everywhere and equally with his heart filled with equanimity, abundant, grown great, measureless, free from enmity and free from distress.

Digha Nikaya 13
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: The boundless mindstates   The boundless mindstates Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 2:59 pm

Do you really feel this way, do we really commune on this level together...can you be this in hard times? A heart that only knows how to turn negative into good and flow it out?
Back to top Go down
Mayflow
Starfleet Commander
Starfleet Commander
Mayflow

PostSubject: Re: The boundless mindstates   The boundless mindstates Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 6:00 am

I can mostly do this, but there still are certain energies that it is difficult for me to be around and take in the negative and transform it into good and positive. I still have much to learn. Here is an interesting book on meditation and the Buddha's "right-mindfulness" http://books.google.com/books?id=pZXxRAWbK0cC&dq=tibetan+meditation+techniques&printsec=frontcover&source=in&hl=en&ei=-MGgS9SnD4WWtgfwueXyBw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=14&ved=0CDUQ6AEwDQ#v=onepage&q=&f=false
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: The boundless mindstates   The boundless mindstates Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:52 pm

Mayflow.... cyclops
Back to top Go down
kriswest

PostSubject: Re: The boundless mindstates   The boundless mindstates Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 6:08 am

Do you not find that Bhuddism like most other religions denies humans to be humans?
How can we evolve if we do not embrace and accept all within us and utilize all within us?
Back to top Go down
Mayflow
Starfleet Commander
Starfleet Commander
Mayflow

PostSubject: Re: The boundless mindstates   The boundless mindstates Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 12:20 pm

kriswest wrote:
Do you not find that Bhuddism like most other religions denies humans to be humans?
How can we evolve if we do not embrace and accept all within us and utilize all within us?

I feel that all is about embracing all that is within us and growing (evolving) within us both individually and as a whole. Buddhism, in my finding, embraces this well in recognizing our interbeingness but also recognizing that we are free to be unique individuals sharing with one another, and I guess I think we do this on two different levels. On the one hand, we are humans being human, sharing and learning together, and on the other hand we are eternal creators forever, both individually and together.
Back to top Go down
kriswest

PostSubject: Re: The boundless mindstates   The boundless mindstates Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 5:34 am

It does not seem to embrace the beast within us at all, it seems to wish to deny or run from it.
Back to top Go down
Mayflow
Starfleet Commander
Starfleet Commander
Mayflow

PostSubject: Re: The boundless mindstates   The boundless mindstates Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 5:15 pm

[quote="kriswest"]It does not seem to embrace the beast within us at all, it seems to wish to deny or run from it.[/qute]

And you think that is bad?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The boundless mindstates   The boundless mindstates Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The boundless mindstates
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BreakAwayForum :: The Dharma Center-
Jump to: