BreakAwayForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BreakAwayForum

Break away from mind confines and be Free to explore yourself and us all

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Learning lifes lessons eh?

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:08 pm

http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/CMKX-Shareholders-Coalition-Multi-Trillion-Dollar-Class-Action-Suit-Filed-Against-SEC-1131516.htm

Teeheehee....easier to shoot when concentrated! Laughing

http://www.euroinvestor.co.uk/news/story.aspx?id=10938095
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/CMKX-Shareholders-Coalition-iw-3194779771.html?x=0&.v=1
http://worldreports.org/news/275
http://www.deepcapture.com/wall-street-captures-the-sec/

oops wrong spot...oh well Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by Prettybirds on Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:12 pm

Romana wrote:
lavender orchid wrote:
p.s. the german word 'Abschied' is not possibly equalled by the english 'goodbye'.
To me, "Abschied" has a sense of parting or separating. I would imagine it would be used in translating, for instance, "Parting is such sweet sorrow".

Me too, me too Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:21 pm

Prettybirds wrote:
What see in this, is an ability to look at the world as an instrument to be played, this man understood that his own language might not be good enough so he learned another. I am seriously impressed. cyclops

no Pretty: in another book he describes his youth and upbringing - he and his older brother were sent to one of the communist schools, and he had to learn russian there, his tribal language and culture scorned and ridiculed and even he as a youngster being mistreated for it.
but he did have a knack for learning, and this was recognized by an "uncle" of his tribe as well as by his later teachers.
can one "imagine" such a life, and "understand" survival under "given" circumstances?

contrary to western europe, there are regions in this world where going from point a to point b takes not minutes and hours, but days and weeks.
technological advancement, though, with all its conveniences, has now "occupied" all of our mental space-time rather than supporting our freedom to REALLY enjoy it, both individually and collectively!

I know at least the 3 of us and the mostly missing men from this forum can probably get the drift of writing in a foreign language.

I see the gap between the old and the new. It has always been there, it is just so magnified by the sheer numbers of us. However, I do see a small but growing trend, one that I believe will eventually set us in a more balanced state of existence, just perhaps, not likely, in our lifetime.

sunny

The gap though, will always have to be there, it is our growing, ever going, need to evolve. So if we have, at some point in the future, gotten our balance figuratively speaking, environmentally/commercially, where then will we channel, for such great numbers of us, this never ending energy to simply be more and more?

Pretty: right now, let me answer to this latest thought line of yours with a line from some irish song, always in my mind: "..... ah, but tears of tomorrow can wait till this day is done."
there need not be gaps, once we can comprehend our talents being put to GOOD use in their respective
frequency ranges and each one's understanding far enough developed to appreciate this as factual rather than arbitrarily relegate it to fiction and thus maintain the old hierarchical structures and deeply embarrassing approaches.

I love you
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:35 pm

The people who survive a hard life, learn how to cope, and lucky ones learn how to make lemonade out of lemons. He expels the negativity on the flow of love, be it in the form of heartache or other. I could not so much relate to his particular horror, no I cannot, but I can relate to how he is embracing it. I can see a strong soul and trembling heart. I see a refusal to allow the world to get the better of him. I see him using the ignorance of the world to his own advantage, to teach, to get a message out, in my mind thus leaving a little less ignorance overall, and I respect that. Takes a very strong person to do that...
I can both see in the poem, and his life, why you would cherish this person, I feel the same...will you copy another one?

I love you flower

Last edited by Prettybirds on Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:39 pm

Romana wrote:
lavender orchid wrote:
p.s. the german word 'Abschied' is not possibly equalled by the english 'goodbye'.
To me, "Abschied" has a sense of parting or separating. I would imagine it would be used in translating, for instance, "Parting is such sweet sorrow".

yes, this is true.

"a sense", however, can reach far, and/or extremely deep. outside, or inside.
sorrow being sweet is romanticizing or aestheticizing suffering though.
applying it to the atrocities and cruelties on both the physical and the mental "planes", it has diminished, rather than upgraded our original capacities to perceive and change.

once disciplines, today weakened instruments .... anyone walking on water? or on thin ice? or slowly turning to stone? or ......

despite the emotional ups and downs,
I love you girls, and everyone on this forum.
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:43 pm

Yes, if taken in context of this poem, the meaning is much darker...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 3:04 pm

Prettybirds wrote:
Yes, if taken in context of this poem, the meaning is much darker...

i may not SEEM able to adequately respond to ALL your posts on this thread, but want to assure you that i read them.
reading them does take me into a "creative" sort of "motion" --- now anyone can judge that as freedom to "take" some sort of advantage from such "being and having": it's much more than that....

one of my unfulfilled desires is spending time in places without electrical light pollution, to simply see the night sky.
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 3:21 pm

Yup, hear ya here woman, at home there is only 11000 people in the whole county. on the edge of the ocean there, the stars are so brilliant, no light pollution at all. Perhaps we'll see it together some time...

I was referring to the Abschied...and the poem I love you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 3:40 pm

ok, here's another of chinak's poems, spontaneously chosen:

Von deiner Seite her
Frier ich
So viele Hügel haben
Vorher dort gethront
Eh sie zur Wüste zerfielen
Und hinter jedem
Ist in dir eine Sonne
Erloschen
Du Mond nun

from your side coming
i'm cold
so many hills have
throned there before
falling apart into desert
and behind each
a sun in you has
expired
you moon now

these are old souls' insights. strongly resonating with their kind.
Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 8 Altai_lake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwANedEkqaY&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:07 pm

lavender orchid wrote:
"a sense", however, can reach far, and/or extremely deep. outside, or inside.
sorrow being sweet is romanticizing or aestheticizing suffering though.
applying it to the atrocities and cruelties on both the physical and the mental "planes", it has diminished, rather than upgraded our original capacities to perceive and change. .
Oddly enough, I understand this one. It is from Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. The sweetness comes from having someone you are so in love with that to be parted from him does, indeed, hurt. A true union of opposites.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 9:26 am

westside story in all its possible variations, martyrdom included.

learning life's lessons, eh?

when it comes to the decision of either u+i or u or me, how did/do "we" decide?

yes, i know it is legitimate to fend for and defend one's self.

anything else to life?
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 9:36 am

Ich habe die Worte vergessen
I have forgotten the words
-Ich
pron. I, first person pronoun used to designate one's self
-Habe
v. have, possess; contain; must
-Die
pron. they, 3rd person plural pronoun used to replace names of people or things
-Worte
n. utterance, expression, sayings, words, talk
-Vergessen
v. forget, fail to remember, be unable to recall, leave behind

Die du mir beim Abschied gesagt hast
You said goodbye to me when I got ( You said good bye to me when last together)
-Die
pron. they, 3rd person plural pronoun used to replace names of people or things
-Du
pron. you, pronoun which replaces the name of the person or persons being addressed; (Archaic) ye, the, thou
-Mir
pron. me (object form of I - first person)
-Beim
prep. at, in, on, near; indicating time or location
-Abschied
n. goodbye, farewell, act of saying farewell, parting, state of being divided
-Gesagt
v. say, utter, suppose, claim, express verbally, speak, talk, mention, tell, mean, intend
-Hast
Did

( ich nehme an, da sind worte gesagt worden)
( I suppose there are words said) ( I suppose we did talk)
-Ich
-Nehme
v. take; possess, get into one's hands; receive, get; endure
-An
At
-Da
adv. there, in that location, in a specific place, word used to begin a sentence stating whether or not something exists; since, as, inasmuch as; then
-Sind
v. be, exist
-Worte
n. utterance, expression, sayings, words, talk
-Gesagt
v. say, utter, suppose, claim, express verbally, speak, talk, mention, tell, mean, intend
-Worden
adj. would've, expressing the possibility that one may have done something but were prevented by circumstances
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 10:04 am

Aber ich habe deinen Blick nicht vergessen
But I don't forget your gaze
-Aber
conj. but, yet; if, condition, opposition, limitation
-Ich
-Habe
-Deinen
Your
-Blick
n. look, gaze, stare; glance, quick look; lookout, careful looking or watching; view, sight
-Nicht
un, non, in; opposite of, lacking, free from
-Vergessen
v. forget, fail to remember, be unable to recall, leave behind

Er ist unendlich gewesen
He is infinitely been (He has always been)
-Er
pron. he, used in place of a name to indicate a male
-ist
v. be, exist
-Unendlich
adj. eternal, infinite, everlasting, without end; illimitable, limitless
-Gewesen
adj. been, existed

Hat immer noch angedauert
Still has ongoing (Will always be)
-Hat
-Immer
adv. always, constantly, every time, each time
-Noch
adv. still, yet; as yet, for now, meanwhile, up until now, until this point; some, a few, several
-Angedauert
v. continue, persist

Alsich zuerst an der wegbiegung
When I first going ( at the first bend in the road)
-Alsich
?
-Zuerst
adv. at first, at the beginning; first of all, to begin with; first
-An
At
-Der
pron. the, definite article used to specify one person or item in particular (Grammar); of; to the, belonging to
-Wegbiegung
n. curve, bend, turn (in a road)

Darauf hinter dieser
Point behind this
-Darauf
adv. hereon, hereupon, thereon; next, afterwards; thereupon, as a result from thus, therefore
-Hinter
prep. at the back of, at the rear of; after, behind, following
-Dieser
pron. this, that, pronoun used to indicate a specific person or thing; these, those, word used to indicate several specific people or things
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 10:14 am

ey Pretty: you're really working hard; and so do i....
Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 8 Neweng2
I love you Arrow
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 10:32 am

I thought we shared that in common, my respect for you grows! cheers I love you flower

I hope you'll correct me if I get the wrong meaning or v/n/adv type stuff. I love you

I started already on the second poem on the other page, I want to finish this one first though. Thank-you!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 10:47 am

Prettybirds wrote:
I thought we shared that in common, my respect for you grows! cheers I love you flower

I hope you'll correct me if I get the wrong meaning or v/n/adv type stuff. I love you

I started already on the second poem on the other page, I want to finish this one first though. Thank-you!

look at the words in parentheses once more: "ich nehme an..."

annehmen means both, to suppose and to accept.
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 7:53 pm

I'm Shocked again, thanks.

Also, you had asked me earlier how I manage to be me, well, just read and re-read Mayflow's daily sayings...I live that and always have, even in the worst of times. I am a high energy, but not hyper, person...it is not always easy, as are no paths...Mayflow is actually the first person I've ever met that flows positive energy out at what appears to kin levels. Those posted words belong in a very, special book, collected and stored carefully, with many copies to share.
I kid you not, his words are no metaphorical reteoric of philosophy. As important as Budhism, just not diety originated. They are energy oriented. They are true in my opinion... I love you elephant cyclops
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 8:50 pm

Widdle Wabbit

A precious little girl walks into a petsmart shop and asks,

in the sweetest little lisp, between two missing teeth, "Excuthe me,

mithter, do you keep widdle wabbits?"

As the shopkeeper's heart melts, he gets down on his knees so that

he's on her level and asks, "Do you want a widdle white wabbit,

or a thoft and fuwwy, bwack wabbit, or maybe one like that cute widdle bwown wabbit over there?"

She, in turn, blushes, rocks on her heels, puts her

hands on her knees, leans forward and says, in a tiny quiet voice,

"I don't think my python weally gives a thit."
Back to top Go down
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 8:54 pm

Reminds me of the cookbook mentioned in Chronicles of Narnia, entitled "How to Serve Man".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 9:16 pm

Prettybirds wrote:
Widdle Wabbit

A precious little girl walks into a petsmart shop and asks,

in the sweetest little lisp, between two missing teeth, "Excuthe me,

mithter, do you keep widdle wabbits?"

As the shopkeeper's heart melts, he gets down on his knees so that

he's on her level and asks, "Do you want a widdle white wabbit,

or a thoft and fuwwy, bwack wabbit, or maybe one like that cute widdle bwown wabbit over there?"

She, in turn, blushes, rocks on her heels, puts her

hands on her knees, leans forward and says, in a tiny quiet voice,

"I don't think my python weally gives a thit."

giggles....

got one for you for that.....

http://www.feltip-pens.com/allthingsareone_01.html

I love you
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 8:30 am

Yup, I love a good bit of humor, internet jokes 101 Laughing

If I could figure how to post the the mouse and cheese one I would, I should spend some time on that, crazy advertisers! Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 8:57 am

Bugge Wesseltoft I love you Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 4:41 am

I love you

..... helps universe today!

Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 8 Woman_holding_foods\!!Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 8 Violet%20flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Learning lifes lessons eh?
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8